    opened I get error, so someone can help me?

    thanks
    Alberto
    Alberto Mantovani, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Alberto Mantovani

    John Roth Guest

    "Alberto Mantovani" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > hi,
    > how is it possible to run a python script in the pythonwin
    > environment from dos command line?
    > If I use the command "/run scriptname.py" and the pythonwin is already
    > opened I get error, so someone can help me?

    Why do you want to run it in Pythonwin? To run a script from
    one of the command lines, the correct command is:

    python scriptname.py parameters....

    Of course, python.exe has to be on the path.

    John Roth

    John Roth, Sep 25, 2003

  3. On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:40:10 -0400, "John Roth"
    <> wrote:

    >"Alberto Mantovani" <> wrote in
    >message news:...
    >> hi,
    >> how is it possible to run a python script in the pythonwin
    >> environment from dos command line?
    >> If I use the command "/run scriptname.py" and the pythonwin is already
    >> opened I get error, so someone can help me?

    >Why do you want to run it in Pythonwin? To run a script from
    >one of the command lines, the correct command is:
    >
    > python scriptname.py parameters....

    I know this, but my problem is to run the script in pythonwin from dos
    when pythonwin is already opened.
    Alberto Mantovani, Sep 27, 2003
  4. Alberto Mantovani

    John Roth Guest

    "Alberto Mantovani" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:40:10 -0400, "John Roth"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Alberto Mantovani" <> wrote in
    > >message news:...
    > >> hi,
    > >> how is it possible to run a python script in the pythonwin
    > >> environment from dos command line?
    > >> If I use the command "/run scriptname.py" and the pythonwin is already
    > >> opened I get error, so someone can help me?

    > >Why do you want to run it in Pythonwin? To run a script from
    > >one of the command lines, the correct command is:
    > >
    > > python scriptname.py parameters....

    > I know this, but my problem is to run the script in pythonwin from dos
    > when pythonwin is already opened.

    Look in the registry and find out how Pythonwin handles the command
    from the shell, then do the same thing.

    John Roth
    John Roth, Sep 27, 2003