pythonwin from dos

Alberto Mantovani

hi,
how is it possible to run a python script in the pythonwin
environment from dos command line?
If I use the command "/run scriptname.py" and the pythonwin is already
opened I get error, so someone can help me?

thanks
Alberto

John Roth

Alberto Mantovani said:
hi,
how is it possible to run a python script in the pythonwin
environment from dos command line?
If I use the command "/run scriptname.py" and the pythonwin is already
opened I get error, so someone can help me?

Why do you want to run it in Pythonwin? To run a script from
one of the command lines, the correct command is:

python scriptname.py parameters....

Of course, python.exe has to be on the path.

John Roth

Alberto Mantovani

Why do you want to run it in Pythonwin? To run a script from
one of the command lines, the correct command is:

python scriptname.py parameters....

I know this, but my problem is to run the script in pythonwin from dos
when pythonwin is already opened.

John Roth

Alberto Mantovani said:
I know this, but my problem is to run the script in pythonwin from dos
when pythonwin is already opened.

Look in the registry and find out how Pythonwin handles the command
from the shell, then do the same thing.

John Roth