[PythonWin] how to stop execution in interactive window?

siggy2

Hi All,
(sorry for my bad english)
I wrote a __tiny__ and __stupid__ recursive script directly into
pythonwin
interactive window with a time.sleep(1) and a print before each
recursion...
I should have taken a closer look at the ending condition (never
satisfied!),
anyway I was quite confident that a control-C would have stopped the
intepreter as it is (incidentally?) when this break sequence is entered
during a screen-i/o of the python interpreter in a CMD prompt...
Instead I discovered my pythonwin session no more responding even
though the output shows that it was still working correctly... and my
other
open files in pythonwin still needing to be saved - my salvation was
that
while I was searching a solution with google, after 984 nested call
~ more than a quarter later, the recursion stack was full and
an exception was raised! ;-P).
So my question is: is there a keystroke combination to stop the
interpreter
in pythonwin interactive window? Or even better
Is there a "pythonwin interactive window" keystrokes list?
(btw: I remember an old post explaining the keystroke to
reset interactive window memory without being forced to
close and open pythonwin - very usefull but I could not find it
anymore...)
TIA!
bye,
PiErre

F. GEIGER

Right-click on the Pythonwin icon in the tray and select "Break into running
code".

HTH
Franz GEIGER

siggy2

Right-click on the Pythonwin icon in the tray and select "Break into running
[CUT]

Thanks a lot! Oddly enough I'm looking into PythonWin manual to see why

I did not find it before... and there is no mention of it!

Now if only I could find out how to free pythonwin interactive window
memory
(I'm not talking about interactive window output - cleanable with
ctrl-a + delete,
but about variable valorization, function definition etc )...
IIRC there was already a post in this newsgroup that explained how to
do this...
but yesterday google searches return me that the only way was to force
this by
closing and re-opening pythonwin...
Maybe I was wrong and there's no other way...
Again: thanks a lot for your help!
bye,
PiErre