PythonWin + Tkinter = broken relation with WindowsXP !?!?!

jean-marc

I read that Tkinter and Python IDEs (PythonWin and Idle at least) makes
for a bad mix in execution mode because they're fighting for the event
loop, but this mode is usefull to use the debugger.

But to the point of breaking something elsewhere than in memory ???
(Shutting down and rebooting the computer doesn't resolve the
problems... PythonWin becomes impossible to use if another window is
open (pdf files, winAmp music, browser et al...)

is this documented somewhere??? It's been happening quite a few times
to me (real bummer!).

NOTE: This situation seems to appear slowly... Not like a works or
doesn't work situation but rather that corruption is progressive. This
is a complete mystery to me????

Thanks in advance,

JMD
Python 2.3.5, WinXP Pro SP2
I've started using Python Scripter, which seems less problematic (at
this point)

Roger Upole

What version of pywin32 are you running ?
You might want to try upgrading to build 204
if you haven't already. There was a bug where
a toolbar registry key was written multiple times,
which eventually fills up the registry and slows
the machine down, along with some
strange window behaviour.

Roger