Pythot doc problem: lambda keyword...

Xah Lee

i'm trying to lookup on the detail of language Python's “lambdaâ€
function feature. I've seen it before, but today i need to read about
it again since i'm writing. I quickly went to the index page:
http://python.org/doc/2.4.1/lib/genindex.html
but all i got is a LambdaType.

i'm thinking, maybe built-in functions are not listed there. Lo, but
map() and friends are there. O, maybe i'm confused and “lambda†is
actually a keyword by this particular language's feelings, but Lo,
“while†is certainly a keyword but it is there.

**** the Python liers and ignorant fuckheads. Motherfucking don't know
shit and yet lying thru their teeth with fanfare.

(for the technical context and justification of this message, please
see the essays at the bottom of:
http://xahlee.org/perl-python/python.html )

Xah
(e-mail address removed)
∑ http://xahlee.org/

Robert Kern

Xah said:
i'm trying to lookup on the detail of language Python's “lambdaâ€
function feature.

google("site:docs.python.org lambda")

--
Robert Kern
(e-mail address removed)

-- Richard Harter

Pisin Bootvong

Xah Lee เขียน:
[...]

I knew I shouldn't feed the troll, but anyway.

'lambda' is a keyword. So there's no doubt looking in LIBRARY Reference
and not finding it.
There exists a document called LANGUAGE Reference, with description of
'lambda' keyword. http://python.org/doc/2.4.1/ref/lambdas.html.
('while' statement is also documented in Language Reference.)

So to quote from Xah Lee:
**** the [...] ignorant fuckheads. Motherfucking don't know
shit and yet lying thru their teeth [...].

You can't complain about lacks of knowledge if you don't know where to
look.
BTW, you post to the wrong group.

Regards,

Jamie Border

Xah Lee ?????:
[...]
**** the Python liers and ignorant fuckheads. Motherfucking don't know
shit and yet lying thru their teeth with fanfare. [...]
Xah
(e-mail address removed)
? http://xahlee.org/

[elided]

PB> BTW, you post to the wrong group.

No, I think c.l.l is exactly the place to discuss how to play many trumpets
through one set of teeth.

In fact, I have a box of trumpets lying around somewhere...

Open wide, Xah!

Jamie