Pythot doc problem: lambda keyword...

Discussion in 'Python' started by Xah Lee, Oct 10, 2005.

  1. Xah Lee

    Xah Lee Guest

    i'm trying to lookup on the detail of language Python's “lambdaâ€
    function feature. I've seen it before, but today i need to read about
    it again since i'm writing. I quickly went to the index page:
    http://python.org/doc/2.4.1/lib/genindex.html
    but all i got is a LambdaType.

    i'm thinking, maybe built-in functions are not listed there. Lo, but
    map() and friends are there. O, maybe i'm confused and “lambda†is
    actually a keyword by this particular language's feelings, but Lo,
    “while†is certainly a keyword but it is there.

    **** the Python liers and ignorant fuckheads. Motherfucking don't know
    shit and yet lying thru their teeth with fanfare.

    (for the technical context and justification of this message, please
    see the essays at the bottom of:
    http://xahlee.org/perl-python/python.html )

    Xah

    ∑ http://xahlee.org/

    Xah Lee, Oct 10, 2005

  2. Xah Lee

    Robert Kern Guest

    Xah Lee wrote:
    > i'm trying to lookup on the detail of language Python's “lambdaâ€
    > function feature.

    google("site:docs.python.org lambda")

    --
    Robert Kern

    -- Richard Harter

    Robert Kern, Oct 10, 2005

  3. Xah Lee เขียน:
    > i'm trying to lookup on the detail of language Python's “lambdaâ€
    > function feature. I've seen it before, but today i need to read about
    > it again since i'm writing. I quickly went to the index page:
    > http://python.org/doc/2.4.1/lib/genindex.html
    > but all i got is a LambdaType.
    >
    > i'm thinking, maybe built-in functions are not listed there. Lo, but
    > map() and friends are there. O, maybe i'm confused and “lambda†is
    > actually a keyword by this particular language's feelings, but Lo,
    > “while†is certainly a keyword but it is there.
    >
    > **** the Python liers and ignorant fuckheads. Motherfucking don't know
    > shit and yet lying thru their teeth with fanfare.
    >
    > (for the technical context and justification of this message, please
    > see the essays at the bottom of:
    > http://xahlee.org/perl-python/python.html )
    >
    > Xah
    >
    > ∑ http://xahlee.org/

    I knew I shouldn't feed the troll, but anyway.

    'lambda' is a keyword. So there's no doubt looking in LIBRARY Reference
    and not finding it.
    There exists a document called LANGUAGE Reference, with description of
    'lambda' keyword. http://python.org/doc/2.4.1/ref/lambdas.html.
    ('while' statement is also documented in Language Reference.)

    So to quote from Xah Lee:
    > **** the [...] ignorant fuckheads. Motherfucking don't know
    > shit and yet lying thru their teeth [...].

    You can't complain about lacks of knowledge if you don't know where to
    look.
    BTW, you post to the wrong group.

    Regards,

    Pisin Bootvong, Oct 10, 2005
  4. Xah Lee

    Jamie Border Guest

    "Pisin Bootvong" <> wrote:
    Xah Lee ?????:
    [...]
    > **** the Python liers and ignorant fuckheads. Motherfucking don't know
    > shit and yet lying thru their teeth with fanfare.

    [...]
    > Xah
    >
    > ? http://xahlee.org/

    [elided]

    PB> BTW, you post to the wrong group.

    No, I think c.l.l is exactly the place to discuss how to play many trumpets
    through one set of teeth.

    In fact, I have a box of trumpets lying around somewhere...

    Open wide, Xah!

    Jamie

    Jamie Border, Oct 13, 2005