    I get the error message:

    ValueError: "SAPI" not supported

    Can anybody help me? What's going on?

    weheh, Jun 22, 2008

  2. weheh

    Tim Golden Guest

    weheh wrote:
    > I'm running Python 2.3 and calling pyTTS. I've had it working forever.
    >
    > Today, I ran out of disk space. After deleting some of my personal files,
    > for no apparent reason, pyTTS no longer runs.
    >
    > For the statement
    >
    > tts = pyTTS.Create()
    >
    > I get the error message:
    >
    > ValueError: "SAPI" not supported
    >
    > Can anybody help me? What's going on?

    (Hint: you'd have helped if you'd provided the whole
    traceback).

    Well, going by pyTTS v3.0 for Python 2.5, that error
    comes from the __init__.py of the pyTTS package when
    either you've specified a speech package other than
    "SAPI" (the default) or the sapi module couldn't be imported.
    My conclusion would be that you've accidentally removed some
    part of the sapi package.

    What happens if you open the interpreter (possibly with -v for
    more info) from within the pyTTS folder and and do "import sapi"?

    C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\pyTTS>python -v -c "import sapi"

    TJG

    Tim Golden, Jun 23, 2008