pyTTS says, '"SAPI" not supported'

weheh

I'm running Python 2.3 and calling pyTTS. I've had it working forever.

Today, I ran out of disk space. After deleting some of my personal files,
for no apparent reason, pyTTS no longer runs.

For the statement

tts = pyTTS.Create()

I get the error message:

ValueError: "SAPI" not supported

Can anybody help me? What's going on?

Tim Golden

weheh said:
I'm running Python 2.3 and calling pyTTS. I've had it working forever.

Today, I ran out of disk space. After deleting some of my personal files,
for no apparent reason, pyTTS no longer runs.

For the statement

tts = pyTTS.Create()

I get the error message:

ValueError: "SAPI" not supported

Can anybody help me? What's going on?

(Hint: you'd have helped if you'd provided the whole
traceback).

Well, going by pyTTS v3.0 for Python 2.5, that error
comes from the __init__.py of the pyTTS package when
either you've specified a speech package other than
"SAPI" (the default) or the sapi module couldn't be imported.
My conclusion would be that you've accidentally removed some
part of the sapi package.

What happens if you open the interpreter (possibly with -v for
more info) from within the pyTTS folder and and do "import sapi"?

C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\pyTTS>python -v -c "import sapi"

TJG