PyUMLGraph: Python debugger produces UML output

Adam Feuer

Folks,
This is an announcement of the initial release of PyUMLGraph, a
Python debugger that produces UML output in Graphviz's dot format. You
can find out more about it here:

http://www.pobox.com/~adamf/software/PyUmlGraph/

The idea is to use the UML diagrams as a way to understand complex
Python software- since the diagrams are generated from running code,
they are always up to date. The more coverage you have of the program
through a test suite (such as unittest or PyUnit) the more complete
your diagrams will be.
Since PyUMLGraph is a debugger, it has full access to Python type
information, and can display that information in the UML diagrams- for
instance, for class attributes and method return types.

PyUMLGraph is released under the GPL.

cheers
adam

F. GEIGER

Adam Feuer said:
Folks,
This is an announcement of the initial release of PyUMLGraph, a
Python debugger that produces UML output in Graphviz's dot format. You
can find out more about it here:

http://www.pobox.com/~adamf/software/PyUmlGraph/

Download (of the zip-file) doesn't work either:

"Missing Page

You tried to go to

http://www.zipcon.net/~adamf/software/PyUMLGraph/PyUMLGraph-0.1.1.zip

but it does not exist. The webmaster must be working on it or its a mistake.
To return back to the previous page, click here (...)"

Cheers
Franz GEIGER

Kevin Dahlhausen

This is great! It's the first 'model from code' tool I've found that
actually produces usable output. Congratulations.

- I downloaded the tar.gz file and had no problems.