PyUMLGraph: Python debugger produces UML output

Discussion in 'Python' started by Adam Feuer, Oct 16, 2003.

  1. Adam Feuer

    Adam Feuer Guest

    Folks,
    This is an announcement of the initial release of PyUMLGraph, a
    Python debugger that produces UML output in Graphviz's dot format. You
    can find out more about it here:

    http://www.pobox.com/~adamf/software/PyUmlGraph/

    The idea is to use the UML diagrams as a way to understand complex
    Python software- since the diagrams are generated from running code,
    they are always up to date. The more coverage you have of the program
    through a test suite (such as unittest or PyUnit) the more complete
    your diagrams will be.
    Since PyUMLGraph is a debugger, it has full access to Python type
    information, and can display that information in the UML diagrams- for
    instance, for class attributes and method return types.

    PyUMLGraph is released under the GPL.

    cheers
    adam
    --
    Adam Feuer <adamf at pobox dot com>
    Adam Feuer, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Adam Feuer

    F. GEIGER Guest

    "Adam Feuer" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Folks,
    > This is an announcement of the initial release of PyUMLGraph, a
    > Python debugger that produces UML output in Graphviz's dot format. You
    > can find out more about it here:
    >
    > http://www.pobox.com/~adamf/software/PyUmlGraph/

    The right URL seems to be:
    http://www.zipcon.net/~adamf/software/PyUMLGraph/. Your link led me to a
    sorry-page.

    Cheers
    Franz GEIGER

    F. GEIGER, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Adam Feuer

    > Folks,
    > This is an announcement of the initial release of PyUMLGraph, a
    > Python debugger that produces UML output in Graphviz's dot format. You
    > can find out more about it here:
    >
    > http://www.pobox.com/~adamf/software/PyUmlGraph/

    Download (of the zip-file) doesn't work either:

    "Missing Page

    You tried to go to

    http://www.zipcon.net/~adamf/software/PyUMLGraph/PyUMLGraph-0.1.1.zip

    but it does not exist. The webmaster must be working on it or its a mistake.
    To return back to the previous page, click here (...)"

    Cheers
    Franz GEIGER

    F. GEIGER, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Adam Feuer

    Terry Reedy Guest

    "F. GEIGER" <> wrote in message

    > "Adam Feuer" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > Folks,
    > > This is an announcement of the initial release of PyUMLGraph, a
    > > Python debugger that produces UML output in Graphviz's dot format.

    You
    > > can find out more about it here:
    > >
    > > http://www.pobox.com/~adamf/software/PyUmlGraph/

    > The right URL seems to be:
    > http://www.zipcon.net/~adamf/software/PyUMLGraph/. Your link led me

    to a
    > sorry-page.

    With IE6, I got automaticall forwarded.
    Terry Reedy, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Adam Feuer

    Terry Reedy Guest

    "F. GEIGER" <> wrote in message

    > "Adam Feuer" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > Folks,
    > > This is an announcement of the initial release of PyUMLGraph, a
    > > Python debugger that produces UML output in Graphviz's dot format.

    You
    > > can find out more about it here:
    > >
    > > http://www.pobox.com/~adamf/software/PyUmlGraph/

    > Download (of the zip-file) doesn't work either:
    >
    > "Missing Page
    >
    > You tried to go to

    http://www.zipcon.net/~adamf/software/PyUMLGraph/PyUMLGraph-0.1.1.zip

    The page appears to have been corrected. The working link is

    http://www.zipcon.net/~adamf/software/PyUMLGraph/PyUMLGraph-0.1.2.zip

    (.2 instead of .1 at end)
    Terry Reedy, Oct 16, 2003
  6. This is great! It's the first 'model from code' tool I've found that
    actually produces usable output. Congratulations.

    - I downloaded the tar.gz file and had no problems.
    Kevin Dahlhausen, Oct 16, 2003