    Well, sorry for the lack of more information,
    I'll add docs and other stuff in the future.

    Riccardo
    Riccardo, May 18, 2004

  2. Riccardo

    David Fraser Guest

    Riccardo wrote:
    > Hello, after a long time I'm releasing my extension to read AVI files,
    > QuickTime and connect to WebCameras under win32.
    > I do not have much time to create a decent website by now, therefore I
    > released the sources and a binary for python 2.3 just to be prompted to
    > do more.
    > If somebody will find this useful I'll add any contribution I receive.
    >
    > the URL is:
    >
    > www.geocities.com/rtrocca/python
    >
    > Well, sorry for the lack of more information,
    > I'll add docs and other stuff in the future.
    >

    > Riccardo

    Cool! Looking forward to the docs...

    David
    David Fraser, May 18, 2004

  3. Riccardo

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Riccardo wrote:

    > Hello, after a long time I'm releasing my extension to read AVI files,
    > QuickTime and connect to WebCameras under win32.
    > I do not have much time to create a decent website by now, therefore I
    > released the sources and a binary for python 2.3 just to be prompted to
    > do more.
    > If somebody will find this useful I'll add any contribution I receive.
    >
    > the URL is:
    >
    > www.geocities.com/rtrocca/python
    >
    > Well, sorry for the lack of more information,
    > I'll add docs and other stuff in the future.

    You should probably add a copy of the LGPL to the source package...
    the source files say they are LGPL'ed, and suggest that one should
    contact the "Free Foundation, Inc." (sic) if a copy of the license
    is not included...

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, May 18, 2004
  4. Riccardo

    Riccardo Guest

    Peter Hansen wrote:

    > Riccardo wrote:
    >
    >> Hello, after a long time I'm releasing my extension to read AVI files,
    >> QuickTime and connect to WebCameras under win32.
    >> I do not have much time to create a decent website by now, therefore I
    >> released the sources and a binary for python 2.3 just to be prompted
    >> to do more.
    >> If somebody will find this useful I'll add any contribution I receive.
    >>
    >> the URL is:
    >>
    >> www.geocities.com/rtrocca/python
    >>
    >> Well, sorry for the lack of more information,
    >> I'll add docs and other stuff in the future.

    > You should probably add a copy of the LGPL to the source package...
    > the source files say they are LGPL'ed, and suggest that one should
    > contact the "Free Foundation, Inc." (sic) if a copy of the license
    > is not included...
    >
    > -Peter

    Thanks I'll do that ASAP! It is the first time I try to distribute
    something!
    Riccardo
    Riccardo, May 19, 2004
  5. Riccardo

    Riccardo Guest

    Peter Hansen wrote:

    > Riccardo wrote:
    >
    >> Hello, after a long time I'm releasing my extension to read AVI files,
    >> QuickTime and connect to WebCameras under win32.
    >> I do not have much time to create a decent website by now, therefore I
    >> released the sources and a binary for python 2.3 just to be prompted
    >> to do more.
    >> If somebody will find this useful I'll add any contribution I receive.
    >>
    >> the URL is:
    >>
    >> www.geocities.com/rtrocca/python
    >>
    >> Well, sorry for the lack of more information,
    >> I'll add docs and other stuff in the future.

    > You should probably add a copy of the LGPL to the source package...
    > the source files say they are LGPL'ed, and suggest that one should
    > contact the "Free Foundation, Inc." (sic) if a copy of the license
    > is not included...
    >
    > -Peter

    Hello, I checked my source package and I've seen that a copy of the LGPL
    tex is included in the VideoIO/src directory.
    Is it ok to do so or something is missing?

    Riccardo
    Riccardo, May 19, 2004
  6. Riccardo

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Riccardo wrote:

    > Peter Hansen wrote:
    >> Riccardo wrote:
    >>> www.geocities.com/rtrocca/python

    >> You should probably add a copy of the LGPL to the source package...

    > Hello, I checked my source package and I've seen that a copy of the LGPL
    > tex is included in the VideoIO/src directory.
    > Is it ok to do so or something is missing?

    That's probably okay, though I didn't find it after a bit of poking
    through the zip. I believe it's a fairly common convention to
    include a copy (in a file called LICENSE?) in the top-level
    directory of the archive, but I don't suppose that's necessary if
    you've got it somewhere else. My apologies for missing it.

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, May 19, 2004