[PyWin]Question About 'No module named pywin.framework.startup'

Discussion in 'Python' started by The Jetman, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. The Jetman

    The Jetman Guest

    I'm trying to port PyWin into a limited version of Windows XP, called
    BartPE. Essentially, it's a matter of taking the installed elements of
    most WinApps (ie. registry settings and files) and insert them into the
    framework defined by BartPE's author. I "think" I've got it going, except
    for
    a single PyWin error: 'No module named pywin.framework.startup.' That is,
    when I launch PyWin, I get an error dialog w/ this message. I suspect it
    has to do w/ a registry setting, since I'd seen this error dlg long ago,
    but fixed it by reinstalling PyWin, which I can't do under BartPE.

    I'm still trying to work this out on my own, but thought I'd post
    a query here, in case anyone has a better handle on this. My current
    suspicion is that PyWin breaks bec of the absence of the Python file
    extensions (ie. py, pyw, etc) from the PATHEXT environment registry
    setting, but that's a guess.

    TIA....Jet

    --

    =============== From the desk of Jethro Wright, III ================
    + If it's there, and you can see it, it's real. +
    The Jetman, Jul 27, 2004