PyXML not installing?

Robert Dailey

Hi,

I downloaded the PyXML library and I'm attempting to install it by
following the README file on Windows XP. I currently have Visual
Studio 2005 installed.
From the command line I type:

C:\PyXML-0.8.4>python setup.py build
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible
binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin
installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to
setup.py.

It gives me the above error message. Any way to fix this?

Thanks ahead of time.

Stefan Behnel

Robert said:
I downloaded the PyXML library and I'm attempting to install it by
following the README file on Windows XP. I currently have Visual
Studio 2005 installed.

C:\PyXML-0.8.4>python setup.py build
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible
binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin
installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to
setup.py.

It gives me the above error message. Any way to fix this?

IIRC, Python extensions require MSVC 2003 on Windows and I don't think VC 2005
will work at all.

You may prefer using lxml for working with XML anyway. Version 1.2.1 has
binaries for Windows (and 1.3.2 will likely get them soon).

http://codespeak.net/lxml/

Stefan

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible
binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin
installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to
setup.py.

It gives me the above error message. Any way to fix this?

Do what the message tells you. Either install Visual Studio 2003,
or MingW32.

Regards,
Martin