pyzeroconf unicast question

Ralph Butler

Hi:

I have been using pyzeroconf to register and discover services on a
local network using the default multicast support. Now, I would like to
register a service on a remote node and discover that service from my
local machine. Neither machine is behind a firewall. This sort of
thing is supported by zeroconf in general (as described in chapter 5 of
the Zero Configuration Networking book). However, I am not sure that it
is supported by the pyzeroconf implementation. It looks to me as if I
might make some small changes to the code in Zeroconf.py and get it to
go, but I have been unsuccessful thus far and am not totally sure that
changes are even necessary. I googled for examples of this, but only
found examples using the 'local' designation for services.

If you can provide any pointers to specific examples, I would very much
appreciate seeing them.

Thanks.
--ralph

Ralph M. Butler, PhD