Q & A Can you spare 10 minutes?

Go1369

Hi Folks!

I hope you are all doing well.

I have a website that I've created and I'm wondering if I can ask for
some quality Q & A and some feedback on it. The program is for order
taking for restaurants.

I'd like to have some comments on it. But pleez don't tell me it needs
more graphics!!!

Here's the example, feel free to order to your hearts content.
www.OrderingMadeEasy.Com/

If you are feeling really ambitious pleez go to the administrators'
segement, the URL is www.1369.com/Login.htm

The User ID is bambino and the Password is bino (it is case sensitive).

I'd like to hear your comments on performance, ease of use, and any
other topic you choose. Please don't prove your un-professionalism by
making up dumb-ass criticisms. OK?

If you like the program then tell your local restaurant owners and
cafeteria managers...if you think it sucks then tell me and especially,
tell me why.

Thanks-In-Advance,

Bob Sweeney
954 560 3445

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Hi Folks!

Hi Spammer!
I hope you are all doing well.

Very well, thank you.
I have a website that I've created and I'm wondering if I can ask
for some quality Q & A and some feedback on it. The program is for
order taking for restaurants.

What an ugly site...
I'd like to have some comments on it. But pleez don't tell me it
needs more graphics!!!

Graphics won't help.
Here's the example, feel free to order to your hearts content.
www.SpammingMadeEasy.Com/
Bob Sweeney 954 560 3445

Get a Job, Bob.

Auggie

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
Hi Spammer!

So what was it about his post that made it "spam" versus all the other posts
we get through here where people ask the group for
reviews/comments/suggestions/etc?

Bob

Auggie, I don't know why he called it spam....I'm not selling
anything...I'm just asking for some good quality Q & A.

There are a lot of great and very good programmers out there....why do
we all hate doing Q & A?

It's part of doing an excellent job.

Willhe

....if you think it sucks then tell me and especially,
tell me why.

I found this on the site:
"nous parlons francais - si parla Italiano - ik sprecht nayderlands - se
hablo espanola"

I don't know Italian, but I'm sure of the other three; none of them is
correct.

Travis Newbury

Bob said:
Auggie, I don't know why he called it spam....I'm not selling
anything...I'm just asking for some good quality Q & A.

The site and the way you phrased your questions made it sound like spam.
I also thought it was spam, so Beau was not the only one that got the
same impression.

dorayme

From: "Barbara de Zoete said:
Please don't morph so you stay killfiled for a loooong time. Thank you for
your cooperation.

What exactly does "killfiled" and "morph" mean? Is the former, individuals
making rules in their email pgm to block or delete posts from certain
people? Or something more general or more specific? I suspect "morph" is
very specifically technical, Travis was not appearing in a form different to
his usual self? (I am not trying to be funny here...)

BTW, the message by the OP was definitely unjustifiably unattractive,
unnecessarily belligerent, irritable and suggested bad faith, a desire to
promote rather than to invite constructive comment. I mention this because a
few folk have wondered why it was accused of being spam. Seemed an
understandable response...

dorayme

Steve Pugh

Travis Newbury said:
I don't morph

In that case someone is impersonating you. The post that caused
Barbara to killfile you came from (e-mail address removed), as have a
number of other posts claiming to be fram Travis Newbury, but if you
don't morph then we should assume that only posts from (e-mail address removed)
are actually you?

Steve

dorayme

From: Blinky the Shark said:
dorayme wrote:

Well, in their news clients, this not being emsil. (I realize that as
a user of OE, you don't have a separate news client.)

You (well, maybe not with OE) can score (up OR down) and/or kill on
lots of criteria -- user is just one of them.

That's morphing, yes. Changing identifying characteristics of one's
headers to avoid the killfiles of others.

Thank you for this, I am starting to get it... I did not *really* know that
there were non-email news clients, this explains a few things I have heard
about. Better read up on this stuff. I want an email client now! For Mac.

dorayme

Blinky the Shark

dorayme said:
What exactly does "killfiled" and "morph" mean?

Kill file is a list of people you don't want to see responses from. It
is kind of self defeating.

Morph means changing your Usenet parameters so you appear as a
different person.

dorayme

Newsgroups: alt.html
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:02:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Q & A Can you spare 10 minutes?

Kill file is a list of people you don't want to see responses from. It
is kind of self defeating.

Morph means changing your Usenet parameters so you appear as a
different person.

thank you.

dorayme

(If I find that anyone has killfiled me I am going to... I am going to...
er... actually what can I do about it? ... hells bells... I will send such a
powerful set of words that it will break through all the barriers and come
up in capital letters and triplicate all over the defenders...I will use
sorcery, incantations, I will send things in analog to overwhelm the digital
barriers... I will... splutter... I will be nice, I will be to the point, I
will not go on like this...)

Blinky the Shark

Thank you for this, I am starting to get it... I did not *really* know
that there were non-email news clients, this explains a few things I
have heard about. Better read up on this stuff. I want an email client
now! For Mac.

You're welcome.

Many users prefer separate and dedicated email and news clients. OE is
almost universally despised, except by its users. :) See my signature,
up there, just above your reply? A good and properly configured news
client would've recognized that as a valid sig (by the delimiter
hyphen-hyphen-space (and nothing else on the line) and automatically
snipped it when you went to reply, so 1. it wouldn't still bee there,
for no good reason, or 2. you wouldn't have to snip it manually.

Joel Shepherd

[Snip 29 lines of discussion having precious little to do with Blinky's
eventual comments.]

MT-NewsWatcher. You're welcome.
A good and properly configured news client would've ...

A good and properly configured news client _user_ would have manually
snipped the 29 lines of unrelated commentary before hitting the 'Post'
button.

Bottom-posting sucks ass if people don't bother trim that which they are
not specifically replying to.

PS: Love the shark motif. Sharks rock.

Blinky the Shark

Joel said:
[Snip 29 lines of discussion having precious little to do with Blinky's
eventual comments.]
A good and properly configured news client would've ...
A good and properly configured news client _user_ would have manually
snipped the 29 lines of unrelated commentary before hitting the 'Post'
button.

I felt they were recent enough to provide context for his thanks, to
which I was responding. The same way leaving your comment about
snipping 29 lines seems relevant here. Snippage is a value call. We
apparently value context differently. This does not imply that I
don't snip as I see appropriate, or that you oversnip.
Bottom-posting sucks ass if people don't bother trim that which they are
not specifically replying to.

Yes, the one issue (not snipping at all) does effect the separate issue
of where to post (albeit I never consider "top" to be the solution).

Now lets go hunting people who top post and top-SIG; hang on, while I
get the shootin' iron.
PS: Love the shark motif. Sharks rock.

Joel, Uncle Monstoso; Unk, Joel.

http://www.blinkynet.net/sharks/monstroso.html

:)

tm

dorayme said:
Thank you for this, I am starting to get it... I did not *really* know that
there were non-email news clients, this explains a few things I have heard
about. Better read up on this stuff. I want an email client now! For Mac.

Why are you using OE on a mac? That's just crazy. Step into the 21st
century already.

A fine mac newsreader, beats OE with a stick without even breaking a
sweat- <http://www.smfr.org/mtnw/>