Q & A Can you spare 10 minutes?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Go1369@Yahoo.Com, Apr 12, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi Folks!

    I hope you are all doing well.

    I have a website that I've created and I'm wondering if I can ask for
    some quality Q & A and some feedback on it. The program is for order
    taking for restaurants.

    I'd like to have some comments on it. But pleez don't tell me it needs
    more graphics!!!

    Here's the example, feel free to order to your hearts content.
    www.OrderingMadeEasy.Com/

    If you are feeling really ambitious pleez go to the administrators'
    segement, the URL is www.1369.com/Login.htm

    The User ID is bambino and the Password is bino (it is case sensitive).

    I'd like to hear your comments on performance, ease of use, and any
    other topic you choose. Please don't prove your un-professionalism by
    making up dumb-ass criticisms. OK?

    If you like the program then tell your local restaurant owners and
    cafeteria managers...if you think it sucks then tell me and especially,
    tell me why.

    Thanks-In-Advance,

    Bob Sweeney
    954 560 3445

    , Apr 12, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hi Folks!

    Hi Spammer!

    > I hope you are all doing well.

    Very well, thank you.

    > I have a website that I've created and I'm wondering if I can ask
    > for some quality Q & A and some feedback on it. The program is for
    > order taking for restaurants.

    What an ugly site...

    > I'd like to have some comments on it. But pleez don't tell me it
    > needs more graphics!!!

    Graphics won't help.

    > Here's the example, feel free to order to your hearts content.
    > www.SpammingMadeEasy.Com/

    > Bob Sweeney 954 560 3445

    Get a Job, Bob.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 12, 2005

  3. Auggie Guest

    > wrote:
    > > Hi Folks!

    > Hi Spammer!
    >
    > > Here's the example, feel free to order to your hearts content.
    > > www.SpammingMadeEasy.Com/

    So what was it about his post that made it "spam" versus all the other posts
    we get through here where people ask the group for
    reviews/comments/suggestions/etc?

    Auggie, Apr 12, 2005
  4. Bob Guest

    Auggie, I don't know why he called it spam....I'm not selling
    anything...I'm just asking for some good quality Q & A.

    There are a lot of great and very good programmers out there....why do
    we all hate doing Q & A?

    It's part of doing an excellent job.

    Bob, Apr 12, 2005
  5. Willhe Guest

    ....if you think it sucks then tell me and especially,
    > tell me why.

    I found this on the site:
    "nous parlons francais - si parla Italiano - ik sprecht nayderlands - se
    hablo espanola"

    I don't know Italian, but I'm sure of the other three; none of them is
    correct.

    Willhe, Apr 12, 2005
  6. Bob wrote:
    > Auggie, I don't know why he called it spam....I'm not selling
    > anything...I'm just asking for some good quality Q & A.

    The site and the way you phrased your questions made it sound like spam.
    I also thought it was spam, so Beau was not the only one that got the
    same impression.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Apr 12, 2005
  7. On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:48:55 -0400, Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    Please don't morph so you stay killfiled for a loooong time. Thank you for
    your cooperation.

    Barbara de Zoete, Apr 12, 2005
  8. dorayme Guest

    > From: "Barbara de Zoete" <>

    > On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:48:55 -0400, Travis Newbury <> wrote:
    >
    > Please don't morph so you stay killfiled for a loooong time. Thank you for
    > your cooperation.

    What exactly does "killfiled" and "morph" mean? Is the former, individuals
    making rules in their email pgm to block or delete posts from certain
    people? Or something more general or more specific? I suspect "morph" is
    very specifically technical, Travis was not appearing in a form different to
    his usual self? (I am not trying to be funny here...)

    BTW, the message by the OP was definitely unjustifiably unattractive,
    unnecessarily belligerent, irritable and suggested bad faith, a desire to
    promote rather than to invite constructive comment. I mention this because a
    few folk have wondered why it was accused of being spam. Seemed an
    understandable response...

    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 13, 2005
  9. Barbara ode Zoete wrote:
    > On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:48:55 -0400, Travis Newbury <> wrote:
    >
    > Please don't morph so you stay killfiled for a loooong time. Thank you
    > for your cooperation.

    I don't morph

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Apr 13, 2005
  10. Steve Pugh Guest

    Travis Newbury <> wrote:
    >Barbara ode Zoete wrote:
    >> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:48:55 -0400, Travis Newbury <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Please don't morph so you stay killfiled for a loooong time. Thank you
    >> for your cooperation.

    >I don't morph

    In that case someone is impersonating you. The post that caused
    Barbara to killfile you came from , as have a
    number of other posts claiming to be fram Travis Newbury, but if you
    don't morph then we should assume that only posts from
    are actually you?

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Apr 13, 2005
  11. dorayme Guest

    > From: Blinky the Shark <>

    > dorayme wrote:

    >> What exactly does "killfiled" and "morph" mean? Is the former, individuals
    >> making rules in their email pgm to block or delete posts from certain

    > Well, in their news clients, this not being emsil. (I realize that as
    > a user of OE, you don't have a separate news client.)
    >
    >> people? Or something more general or more specific? I suspect "morph" is

    > You (well, maybe not with OE) can score (up OR down) and/or kill on
    > lots of criteria -- user is just one of them.
    >
    >> very specifically technical, Travis was not appearing in a form different to
    >> his usual self? (I am not trying to be funny here...)

    > That's morphing, yes. Changing identifying characteristics of one's
    > headers to avoid the killfiles of others.
    >
    > --
    > Blinky

    Thank you for this, I am starting to get it... I did not *really* know that
    there were non-email news clients, this explains a few things I have heard
    about. Better read up on this stuff. I want an email client now! For Mac.

    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 13, 2005
  12. dorayme wrote:

    >> From: "Barbara de Zoete" <>

    >> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:48:55 -0400, Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    >> Please don't morph so you stay killfiled for a loooong time. Thank you for
    >> your cooperation.

    > What exactly does "killfiled" and "morph" mean? Is the former, individuals
    > making rules in their email pgm to block or delete posts from certain

    Well, in their news clients, this not being emsil. (I realize that as
    a user of OE, you don't have a separate news client.)

    > people? Or something more general or more specific? I suspect "morph" is

    You (well, maybe not with OE) can score (up OR down) and/or kill on
    lots of criteria -- user is just one of them.

    > very specifically technical, Travis was not appearing in a form different to
    > his usual self? (I am not trying to be funny here...)

    That's morphing, yes. Changing identifying characteristics of one's
    headers to avoid the killfiles of others.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 13, 2005
  13. dorayme wrote:

    > What exactly does "killfiled" and "morph" mean?

    Kill file is a list of people you don't want to see responses from. It
    is kind of self defeating.

    Morph means changing your Usenet parameters so you appear as a
    different person.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Apr 13, 2005
  14. dorayme Guest

    > From: Travis Newbury <>
    > Newsgroups: alt.html
    > Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:02:35 -0400
    > Subject: Re: Q & A Can you spare 10 minutes?
    >
    > dorayme wrote:
    >
    >> What exactly does "killfiled" and "morph" mean?

    > Kill file is a list of people you don't want to see responses from. It
    > is kind of self defeating.
    >
    > Morph means changing your Usenet parameters so you appear as a
    > different person.
    >
    > --
    > -=tn=-

    thank you.

    dorayme

    (If I find that anyone has killfiled me I am going to... I am going to...
    er... actually what can I do about it? ... hells bells... I will send such a
    powerful set of words that it will break through all the barriers and come
    up in capital letters and triplicate all over the defenders...I will use
    sorcery, incantations, I will send things in analog to overwhelm the digital
    barriers... I will... splutter... I will be nice, I will be to the point, I
    will not go on like this...)

    dorayme, Apr 13, 2005
  15. dorayme wrote:

    >> From: Blinky the Shark <>

    >> dorayme wrote:

    >>> What exactly does "killfiled" and "morph" mean? Is the former,
    >>> individuals making rules in their email pgm to block or delete posts
    >>> from certain

    >> Well, in their news clients, this not being emsil. (I realize that
    >> as a user of OE, you don't have a separate news client.)

    >>> people? Or something more general or more specific? I suspect
    >>> "morph" is

    >> You (well, maybe not with OE) can score (up OR down) and/or kill on
    >> lots of criteria -- user is just one of them.

    >>> very specifically technical, Travis was not appearing in a form
    >>> different to his usual self? (I am not trying to be funny here...)

    >> That's morphing, yes. Changing identifying characteristics of one's
    >> headers to avoid the killfiles of others.

    >> --
    >> Blinky

    > Thank you for this, I am starting to get it... I did not *really* know
    > that there were non-email news clients, this explains a few things I
    > have heard about. Better read up on this stuff. I want an email client
    > now! For Mac.

    You're welcome.

    Many users prefer separate and dedicated email and news clients. OE is
    almost universally despised, except by its users. :) See my signature,
    up there, just above your reply? A good and properly configured news
    client would've recognized that as a valid sig (by the delimiter
    hyphen-hyphen-space (and nothing else on the line) and automatically
    snipped it when you went to reply, so 1. it wouldn't still bee there,
    for no good reason, or 2. you wouldn't have to snip it manually.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who as part of Usenet Improvement Project 2005 (UIP5)

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 13, 2005
  16. In article <>,
    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    [Snip 29 lines of discussion having precious little to do with Blinky's
    eventual comments.]

    > dorayme wrote:
    > > Thank you for this, I am starting to get it... I did not *really* know
    > > that there were non-email news clients. I want an email client
    > > now! For Mac.

    MT-NewsWatcher. You're welcome.

    > A good and properly configured news client would've ...

    A good and properly configured news client _user_ would have manually
    snipped the 29 lines of unrelated commentary before hitting the 'Post'
    button.

    Bottom-posting sucks ass if people don't bother trim that which they are
    not specifically replying to.

    PS: Love the shark motif. Sharks rock.

    --
    Joel.

    Joel Shepherd, Apr 13, 2005
  17. Joel Shepherd wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    > [Snip 29 lines of discussion having precious little to do with Blinky's
    > eventual comments.]

    >> A good and properly configured news client would've ...

    > A good and properly configured news client _user_ would have manually
    > snipped the 29 lines of unrelated commentary before hitting the 'Post'
    > button.

    I felt they were recent enough to provide context for his thanks, to
    which I was responding. The same way leaving your comment about
    snipping 29 lines seems relevant here. Snippage is a value call. We
    apparently value context differently. This does not imply that I
    don't snip as I see appropriate, or that you oversnip.

    > Bottom-posting sucks ass if people don't bother trim that which they are
    > not specifically replying to.

    Yes, the one issue (not snipping at all) does effect the separate issue
    of where to post (albeit I never consider "top" to be the solution).

    Now lets go hunting people who top post and top-SIG; hang on, while I
    get the shootin' iron.

    > PS: Love the shark motif. Sharks rock.

    Joel, Uncle Monstoso; Unk, Joel.

    http://www.blinkynet.net/sharks/monstroso.html

    :)

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 13, 2005
  18. Joel Shepherd, Apr 13, 2005
  19. Joel Shepherd wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >> http://www.blinkynet.net/sharks/monstroso.html

    > Wow. How do you keep his teeth so white? Flossing with wet suits?

    Flossing? With thongs, same as their ex-wearers were doing.

    But, seriously, we have good medical care. Remember, our doctors
    continue their...[here it comes]...schooling for their entire lives.

    http://blinkynet.net/sharks/stinkydent.html

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Support the Usenet Improvement Project 2005 (UIP5)

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 13, 2005
  20. tm Guest

    dorayme <> wrote:

    > Thank you for this, I am starting to get it... I did not *really* know that
    > there were non-email news clients, this explains a few things I have heard
    > about. Better read up on this stuff. I want an email client now! For Mac.

    Why are you using OE on a mac? That's just crazy. Step into the 21st
    century already.

    A fine mac newsreader, beats OE with a stick without even breaking a
    sweat- <http://www.smfr.org/mtnw/>

    tm, Apr 13, 2005