    with them.

    Thanks in advance,

    - Juan Medín

    Juan P. Carrillo, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Apache Xerces of course.
    Free. Complete implementation of the W3C standard.

    Xuejun Li \(SH/RDC\), Feb 19, 2004

  3. I agree.

    There are others, but I find that's the best.
    http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/index.html

    The only cases where it doesn't scale well is when your application
    runs in environment with limited risources (memory, bandwith, etc)
    like embedded, mobiles, applets that need to download the parser, etc.

    In thouse cases, if you can live without some of the great features
    offered by xerces like validation, then you're better off with
    other solutions.

    Let me know if you need some links about the latter.

    Best regards.

    --
    Roberto Nunnari -software engineer-
    mailto:

    Roberto Nunnari, Feb 20, 2004
  4. Juan P. Carrillo wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm assigned to a project where XML is heavily used in C++ (I came
    > from a Java background).
    >
    > Do you know what is the most popular and simple free XML parser for
    > C++ ? I was browsing the web and there are lots of APIs, but it's hard
    > to know what is the most straightforward to use without having worked
    > with them.

    If you don't need validation, you might want to look at my (free)
    Mini-XML library:

    http://www.easysw.com/~mike/mxml/

    Right now it provides a C api (usable with C++).

    Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products
    Printing Software for UNIX http://www.easysw.com

    Michael Sweet, Feb 21, 2004