[Q] A simple C++ parser ?

Juan P. Carrillo

Hi,

I'm assigned to a project where XML is heavily used in C++ (I came
from a Java background).

Do you know what is the most popular and simple free XML parser for
C++ ? I was browsing the web and there are lots of APIs, but it's hard
to know what is the most straightforward to use without having worked
with them.

Thanks in advance,

- Juan Medín

Xuejun Li \(SH/RDC\)

Apache Xerces of course.
Free. Complete implementation of the W3C standard.

Roberto Nunnari

I agree.

There are others, but I find that's the best.
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/index.html

The only cases where it doesn't scale well is when your application
runs in environment with limited risources (memory, bandwith, etc)
like embedded, mobiles, applets that need to download the parser, etc.

In thouse cases, if you can live without some of the great features
offered by xerces like validation, then you're better off with
other solutions.

Let me know if you need some links about the latter.

Best regards.

--
Roberto Nunnari -software engineer-
mailto:[email protected]

Michael Sweet

Juan said:
Hi,

I'm assigned to a project where XML is heavily used in C++ (I came
from a Java background).

Do you know what is the most popular and simple free XML parser for
C++ ? I was browsing the web and there are lots of APIs, but it's hard
to know what is the most straightforward to use without having worked
with them.

If you don't need validation, you might want to look at my (free)
Mini-XML library:

http://www.easysw.com/~mike/mxml/

Right now it provides a C api (usable with C++).