Q: Arts XML specification ?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Useko Netsumi, Nov 20, 2003.

  1. Is there any XML Specifications for Arts especially for Paintings,
    Furnitures, and Decorative Arts? Thanks

    Useko Netsumi, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Useko Netsumi

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 01:59:30 -0500, "Useko Netsumi"
    <> wrote:

    >Is there any XML Specifications for Arts especially for Paintings,
    >Furnitures, and Decorative Arts? Thanks

    You'll probably find Dublin Core, the Open Archives Initiative and
    maybe application profiles like the Bath or Warwick profile worth
    looking at.

    I'd see "an XML specification" (presumably an XML schema) as a _bad_
    thing to use here. Use DC at that level, and make it application
    specific at a level above this, perhaps by using qualified Dublin
    Core.

    There's an awful lot of good work out there already, particularly in
    the museums and libraries communities.

    Andy Dingley, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Hi Andy, I will definitely check out all the application you mentioned.

    As you said earlier and I do agree wit you as well that there are a lot of
    good work out there already(museums and libraries community) but perhaps if
    I can get a hold of the schema/data-structure and re-use it so I(or perhaps
    others) don't have to reinvent the wheel.

    Thanks

    Useko Netsumi, Nov 20, 2003