q CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME

Jason

Hi,

What should I set the CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME in the startup.bat of
Tomcat 4.1?
The bin folder is in E:\Tomcat, another bin folder in the E:\j2sdk1.4.2.
Any help will be appreciated.

Jason

Xavier Tarrago

In both case, HOME means home directory (not bin); binaries are in
CATALINA_HOME\bin, libs in CATALINA_HOME\common\lib, and so on...

Hiranya Samarasekera

You do not have to edit the startup.bat file. Create the following
enviornment variables. In windows you can set this from Control Panel >>
System >> (Select the tab advanced) >> (Enviornment Variables button)

CATALINA_HOME=E:\Tomcat\
JAVA_HOME=E:\j2sdk1.4.2\

other than that, you may have to include the "E:\j2sdk1.4.2\bin" to your
PATH environment variable.

Hiranya
http://www.aurigasys.com

samspade

What should I set the CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME in the startup.bat
of
Tomcat 4.1?
The bin folder is in E:\Tomcat, another bin folder in the
E:\j2sdk1.4.2.
Any help will be appreciated.

If you're running windows xp then just use startup.sh then it will use the
current folder for catalina_home and cataline_base