    The bin folder is in E:\Tomcat, another bin folder in the E:\j2sdk1.4.2.
    Any help will be appreciated.

    Jason

    Jason, Aug 20, 2003

  2. In both case, HOME means home directory (not bin); binaries are in
    CATALINA_HOME\bin, libs in CATALINA_HOME\common\lib, and so on...
    bhv5um$cnp$...

    Xavier Tarrago, Aug 20, 2003

  3. You do not have to edit the startup.bat file. Create the following
    enviornment variables. In windows you can set this from Control Panel >>
    System >> (Select the tab advanced) >> (Enviornment Variables button)

    CATALINA_HOME=E:\Tomcat\
    JAVA_HOME=E:\j2sdk1.4.2\

    other than that, you may have to include the "E:\j2sdk1.4.2\bin" to your
    PATH environment variable.

    Hiranya
    http://www.aurigasys.com

    ***************************

    Hiranya Samarasekera, Aug 20, 2003
  4. Jason

    samspade Guest

    > Hi,

    > What should I set the CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME in the startup.bat
    > of
    > Tomcat 4.1?
    > The bin folder is in E:\Tomcat, another bin folder in the
    > E:\j2sdk1.4.2.
    > Any help will be appreciated.

    > Jason

    If you're running windows xp then just use startup.sh then it will use the
    current folder for catalina_home and cataline_base

    samspade, Aug 20, 2003