Q: Closing and sending back data

omereis

Hi All,
I'd like to get data to a JSP page from another JSP page I've opened.
Something like selecting an email address in Yahoo mail.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Omer.

NullBock

Could you explain your problem a bit more? Are you saying, that after
the user entered information on page A and navigated to page B, you
want the results available on page B? This is no problem through
traditional form handling. Use <jsp:useBean> and <jsp:setProperty> to
process the form results. Or, if you're not using beans, use
request.getParameter(String) to get the results.

If you're talking about JSP processing that took place on page A, you
could always pass information via the session object. Page A would set
the necessary session attributes, and page B would call them up.

Walter Gildersleeve
Freiburg, Germany

http://linkfrog.net
URL Shortening
Free and easy, small and green.

Omer

Thanks Walter,
That's exectle what I need.
I guess my question now is how do I know that the selection in the
other window had been done, or when the window had been closed?
Thanks in advance,
Omer