Q: configuration error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=, Aug 9, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    I released my application to another machine and put it under
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyProject and created a web site on this folder. Now I am
    running it with http://localhost/MyProject/MyPage.aspx and I am getting the
    following error.
    What is problem? Do I have to create a virtual directory for my application?

    Error:
    ------------------------------------
    Configuration Error

    in IIS.

    Source Error:

    Line 49: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile
    services for member sites.
    Line 50: -->
    Line 51: <authentication mode="Forms">
    Line 52: <!--<forms loginUrl="logon.aspx" name="adAuthCookie" timeout="60"
    path="/"></forms> -->
    Line 53: <forms loginUrl="logon.aspx" name="sqlAuthCookie" timeout="60"
    path="/"></forms>

    =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=, Aug 9, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    JIM.H. wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I released my application to another machine and put it under
    > C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyProject and created a web site on this folder. Now I am
    > running it with http://localhost/MyProject/MyPage.aspx and I am getting the
    > following error.
    > What is problem? Do I have to create a virtual directory for my application?

    Yes... well, otherwise it's going to try to be controlled by the parent
    Virt Dir. Basically you need to flag it as an "application" in IIS in
    order to have it be a self contained app/site.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com

    Curt_C [MVP], Aug 9, 2005

  3. One thing to check is that the folder is set up as an Application

    Go into IIS and select the MyProject Node in the left hand window
    Right click and select properties
    Under the Directory Tab exaimne the Application Settings section
    If the Application name field is greyed out and has a Create button next to
    it you need to click the Create button to make it an application in its own
    right. This also makes it a Virtual Directory

    Cheers

    Felix

    =?Utf-8?B?Rng=?=, Aug 9, 2005