Q: drawing a line

Kevin Spencer

You can't. What is your business requirement?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Guest

since this is a user interface, I just wanted to draw a line in two group of
buttons so it will look nice. Anyway, I put a text box with height=1px

Guest

Hi Jim,

You can use the <hr> HTML element. You can assign a style property to it and
change its height, width, color. etc.

Cheers,
Steve Goodyear
Vancouver, Canada

Kevin Spencer

Ah, you don't want to DRAW a line. You want to DISPLAY a line. That's quite
a bit different. I would go with Steve on this one - a <hr> would do the
trick.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Amil

I still think "Drawing" a line would be funner. Learning how to use GDI+ is
awesome and return a jpg/gif/png content-type. :)

Amil

darrel

You can use the said:
change its height, width, color. etc.

but that's actually pretty buggy. HR is semantic, though, so it's still a
good option.

Otherwise, CSS is your friend. With CSS, you can apply borders to any
block-level object. Applying a top-margin would be akin to a horizontal rule
visually.

-Darrel

Scott Allen

There is the <hr> tag for a horizontal line. Other line drawing tricks
are usually done with image files, or adding borders to tables and
blocks, but there is no such beast as Page.DrawLine(x1, y1, x2, y2) if
that is what you are looking for.