    So it seems I could not get DSN point a dbf in the network drive, any idea?
    Thanks,
    Jim.

    =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=, Dec 15, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    Jim:

    The problem boils down to the fact that the ASP.NET runtime works
    under a local account (ASPNET or NETWORK SERVICE) on the machine and
    won't have the mapped drive.

    You might be able to access the file through a UNC
    (\\servername\share\file), but even then you'll have to make some
    adjustments to give ASP.NET access.

    There are some details here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317012

    --