[Q] Eclipse 3.1.1 WindowsXP and Hibernate 2.1 app to JBoss 4.x and Log4j?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Rob Mitchell, Jan 25, 2006.

  1. Rob Mitchell

    Rob Mitchell Guest

    Hi,

    JBoss is throwing org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException when trying to
    startup a test web app that I created. I'm using Eclipse 3.1.1 with the
    MyEclipse plug-in and JBoss 4.x with JDK1.5

    Any ideas? I don't have a Log4j.properties file anywhere - could that be
    it? I'll throw one together but here's a snippet of the stack trace:

    Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
    org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
    org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor
    (LogFactoryImpl.java:416)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance
    (LogFactoryImpl.java:525)
    ... 112 more
    Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
    org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor
    (LogFactoryImpl.java:412)
    ... 113 more
    2006-01-25 17:23:54,218 DEBUG
    [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] Watch URL for:
    file:/C:/Dev/Eclipse/JBoss/server/default/deploy/RobEAR.ear/ ->
    file:/C:/Dev/Eclipse/JBoss/server/default/deploy/RobEAR.ear/META-
    INF/application.xml
    2006-01-25 17:23:54,218 ERROR
    [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] Incomplete Deployment
    listing:

    url=file:/C:/Dev/Eclipse/JBoss/server/default/deploy/RobEAR.ear/Rob2Web.w
    ar/ }
    deployer: org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.Tomcat5@73a35c
    status: Deployment FAILED reason: Error during deploy; - nested
    throwable: (javax.management.RuntimeOperationsException: Exception
    invoking method init)
    state: FAILED
    watch:
    file:/C:/Dev/Eclipse/JBoss/server/default/deploy/RobEAR.ear/Rob2Web.war/W
    EB-INF/web.xml
    altDD: null
    lastDeployed: 1138227833250
    lastModified: 1138227602171
    mbeans:

    org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@a9b2f20 {
    url=file:/C:/Dev/Eclipse/JBoss/server/default/deploy/RobEAR.ear/ }
    deployer: org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer@ee3dee
    status: Deployment FAILED reason: Error during deploy; - nested
    throwable: (javax.management.RuntimeOperationsException: Exception
    invoking method init)
    state: FAILED
    watch:
    file:/C:/Dev/Eclipse/JBoss/server/default/deploy/RobEAR.ear/META-
    INF/application.xml
    altDD: null
    lastDeployed: 1138227833250
    lastModified: 1138227602171
    mbeans:

    ObjectName: jboss.web.deployment:war=Rob2Web.war,id=-18698610
    State: FAILED
    Reason: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy;
    - nested throwable: (javax.management.RuntimeOperationsException:
    Exception invoking method init)

    --- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---
    ObjectName: jboss.web.deployment:war=Rob2Web.war,id=-18698610
    State: FAILED
    Reason: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy;
    - nested throwable: (javax.management.RuntimeOperationsException:
    Exception invoking method init)

    2006-01-25 17:23:54,234 DEBUG
    [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread]
    Notified that enabled: true
    Rob Mitchell, Jan 25, 2006