Q: fit to window size

Guest

Hello,

How can I make my ASP.Net application fit the internet explorer windows size
so that users will see all the components even if they change the windows
size.

Is this possible?

Guest

Jim,

This would generally be accomplished by using an html table that holds all
of the content of each of your pages. There a many approaches that work, but
the simplest is to simply make each of your aspx pages take the following
form:

<!-- Insert all of your ASP.Net controls in this table cell -->

This is the simplest method, but it is not very easy to maintain (for
example, if you decide later that you only want to occupy 90% of the web
browser you'd have to change the width attribute in every page).

If you want more information on how to fit this approach into your
application, please repost with additional details about your application.

Also, keep in mind that this won't solve all control visibility problems:
users with very small screen resolutions (800x600 for example) may have to
scroll to see some of the controls on your page. Aside from performing a
processor intensive set of operations to resize every control in your page
on each page load, it is not possible to ensure that every user can see every
control in you application without needing to scroll. Even if you do perform
a resize of every control on every Page_Load, you're still at the mercy of
html to properly align your controls.

Best of Luck