    From: (Bill)
    Date: 7 Jun 2004 09:21:49 -0700
    Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl.misc
    Subject: Re: Cute bit of Perl to Assign $1,$2 to named variables

    Michele Dondi <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > (i) the possibility of putting perl code (hooks) directly into @INC;

    Yep, this one was just an aha! how come I never saw that before!
    experience for me also in the past few months. Inserting refernces
    into @INC allows some non-admin user level manipulations of home
    directory CGI modules in taint mode I had thought too hard before.

    Bill, could you elaborate on this idea, please? A simple example,
    maybe?

    Many thanks!

    -(the other) bill
    bill, Jul 6, 2004

  2. bill

    Bill Guest

    bill wrote:
    > Searching for an old post of mine through Google, I came across a
    > recent post by Bill Herrera, that I found intriguing:
    >
    > From: (Bill)
    > Date: 7 Jun 2004 09:21:49 -0700
    > Newsgroups: comp.lang.perl.misc
    > Subject: Re: Cute bit of Perl to Assign $1,$2 to named variables
    >
    > Michele Dondi <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    > > (i) the possibility of putting perl code (hooks) directly into @INC;

    > Yep, this one was just an aha! how come I never saw that before!
    > experience for me also in the past few months. Inserting refernces
    > into @INC allows some non-admin user level manipulations of home
    > directory CGI modules in taint mode I had thought too hard before.
    >
    > Bill, could you elaborate on this idea, please? A simple example,
    > maybe?
    >
    > Many thanks!
    >
    > -(the other) bill

    I'm sure it's been done before. In fact, go to CPAN and look at:

    Acme::Everything
    Acme::RemoteINC
    CPAN::AutoINC
    Bill, Jul 7, 2004