[Q] Function Point Analysis (FPA) - Equivalent lines of code of Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Nicholas, Sep 9, 2010.

  1. Nicholas

    Nicholas Guest

    Nicholas, Sep 9, 2010

  2. Nicholas

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Paul Rubin, Sep 9, 2010

  3. Nicholas

    John Roth Guest

    Re: Function Point Analysis (FPA) - Equivalent lines of code of Python

    On Sep 9, 2:30 am, Nicholas <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    >   In FPA, there are tables which shows equivalent lines of code for
    > each Function Point (FP) for a number of programming languages.
    >
    >   e.g.http://www.qsm.com/?q=resources/function-point-languages-table/index....
    >
    >   However, I have yet to find the figures for Python.
    >
    >   Is someone able to advise the closest language equivalent.
    >
    > Regards

    Function points do not translate to lines of code except when they're
    standardized across a specific organization's portfolio of software. I
    agree with Paul, any global table trying to do that is going to be
    pretty bogus.

    John Roth
    John Roth, Sep 10, 2010
  4. In message <>, Paul Rubin wrote:

    > Nicholas <> writes:
    >>
    >> http://www.qsm.com/?q=resources/function-point-languages-

    table/index.html

    > That table looks pretty bogus ...

    Dead giveaways are the disparity between the Ada, C++ and PL/I figures, and
    the fact that FORTRAN scores lower than C. Plus the inclusion of HTML and
    Dotnet on a par with the others. And what are “Web Scripts", if not
    JavaScript?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 10, 2010