Q: how is the new Eclipse 3.2 for Ruby and Rails development?

Mark Watson

I use Eclipse 3.1.x with RadRails and RDT at least 20 hours a week, and
am fairly happy with this environment.

The eclipse.org released a major new release 3.2 today, and before I
invest the time in installing, etc., I wanted to ask: do RadRails and
RDT work fine under eclipse 3.2.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Bret Pettichord

Jay said:
I'm using them together (lightly) with no problems. The ability to filter
TODOs alone was worth the switchover.

Jay

I just did a fresh install of eclipse 3.2 (with a new workspace). That
fixed a problem i've reported here with the Task View, but now the
variable view is blank in the debugger. Argh!

Bret

Daniel Berger

Bret said:
I just did a fresh install of eclipse 3.2 (with a new workspace). That
fixed a problem i've reported here with the Task View, but now the
variable view is blank in the debugger. Argh!

Bret
I learned long ago not to upgrade Eclipse before the plugins had a
chance to catch up. :)

- Dan