[Q] How to exec code object with local variables specified?

Makoto Kuwata

Hi,

Is it possible to run code object with local variables specified?
I'm trying the following code but not work:

def fn():
x = 1
y = 2
localvars = {'x': 0}
exec(fn.func_code, globals(), localvars)
print(localvars)
## what I expected is: {'x': 1, 'y': 2}
## but actual is: {'x': 0}

Python: 2.7.3
OS: MacOS X

8

88888 Dihedral

Makoto Kuwataæ–¼ 2012å¹´9月20日星期四UTC+8下åˆ7時27分40秒寫é“:

--

regards,

makoto kuwata

Do you plan to write an IDE for python scrits ?

I have seen a lot abusiosns of spawns or pipes of mutlti-processes,
and now the exec part again.

I think the sources of Doctor Python and IDLE were available
years ago for showing off python's capabilities in developing an IDE.