Q: HTML To Facilitate Video (.wmv) Download

Arthur Shapiro

I'm the webmaster for a bicycle club. I typically post a bunch of photos
after each ride, and have the necessary html well under control.

Today, for the first time, a member sent me a .wmv file. I posted it as a
simple clickable link, and this seems to work satisfactorily - it downloads
and Windows Media Player fires up and plays the file. No problems.

The issue is that during the 20 or 25 seconds it takes this over- two-meg file
to download, there's no indication that anything is happening. (And yes, I've
put a textual warning that it is probably not appropriate for dialup users.)

Is there something I can do in the code to make it more obvious that a
download is in progress or otherwise communicate to my users that everything
is proceeding as expected?

Appreciate any advice.

Art
Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at this ISP to reach me

Spartanicus

http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm