    and copying the photos to the clip board ?

    Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim Jones, Jan 28, 2004

  2. Jim Jones

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Jim Jones <> wrote:

    >I have a web page, on which I have photographs that I don't
    >particularly care for people to be able to duplicate.
    >Certainly not indiscrete photos, but I still want to protect my work
    >just the same.

    Copyright law applies. If people copy your photos take them to court.

    >What are my options, what can I do, to prevent people from printing,
    >and copying the photos to the clip board ?

    Don't put them on the web. There is nothing else that can prevent them
    being copied. There are various things that can make it more difficult
    but they (a) tend to also disable useful browser functions at the same
    time and (b) can be circumvented easily.

    And to answer the question in the subject: No.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Jan 28, 2004

  3. Re: Q. Is there a way to disable the the 'print screen' key using html?

    Jim Jones schrieb:

    > I have a web page, on which I have photographs that I don't
    > particularly care for people to be able to duplicate.
    > Certainly not indiscrete photos, but I still want to protect my work
    > just the same.
    >
    > What are my options, what can I do, to prevent people from printing,
    > and copying the photos to the clip board ?

    Once the image is visible in the browser, the user has already
    downloaded it. Any attempt at disabling print or copy&paste comes much
    too late.

    Check out what the big stock photography sites do (e.g. istockphoto.com,
    morguefile.com) and copy their procedure; it's usually low-quality or
    reduced-size pictures and/or a watermark on the image.

    Matthias
    Matthias Gutfeldt, Jan 28, 2004
  4. Jim Jones

    Richard Guest

    Jim Jones wrote:

    > Hi,

    > I have a web page, on which I have photographs that I don't
    > particularly care for people to be able to duplicate.
    > Certainly not indiscrete photos, but I still want to protect my work
    > just the same.

    > What are my options, what can I do, to prevent people from printing,
    > and copying the photos to the clip board ?

    > Thanks,
    > Jim

    Many browsers "cache" the site in the machine.
    Turning anything off won't prevent me from taking the images.
    I can do that by saving the entire page to another directory.
    Richard, Jan 28, 2004