Q: literal comments in style sheet

David Carlisle

I am examining xslt 1.0 (as documented at http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt).

I have seen notes elsewhere to a 1.1, but I don't see such a beast at the
above site. Is there an XSLT 1.1, (perhaps it is XPath 1.1 I have seen)
or am I just confused?

There was a draft (still available from w3c site) but the working group
killed off work on xslt 1.1 to work on 2.0 (before they knew 2.0 was
going to take half a decade to align with xquery:) A couple of xslt
systems (notably saxon 6.x do implement the 1.1 draft actually) but as
it will never be finalised now it's best to pretend that they don't.
I am curious about some literal things in the style sheets.

Is there an option that controls the passing of _literal_ comments and
PI's to the output?
No.

I know I could use xsl:comment to output a comment, but I am not trying to
output anything, I am just trying to make sure I understand the specs.

As far as I can see, literal comments and processing instructions in the
style sheet are never output.
True.

David

Malcolm Dew-Jones

David Carlisle ([email protected]) wrote:
: (e-mail address removed) (Malcolm Dew-Jones) writes:

: > I am examining xslt 1.0 (as documented at http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt).
: >
[...]

thanks