    Or should I create the users in SQL Server and keep their password in a
    table (I do not know how? Can you explain?)

    Thanks,

    =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=, Jun 13, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=

    bradley Guest

    Re: login screen

    If you setup an account in Active Directory and the partners are using
    Internet Explorer, then you can use Windows Authentication as the login
    method.

    "JIM.H." <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am tiring to create a login screen for our partners through out

    internet.
    > I have two options to go but I do not know which one I should go.
    >
    > I am planning to create a user per partner in our Active Directory and

    check

    bradley, Jun 13, 2005

  3. Re: login screen

    Unless there is some other reason to use the Active Directory I probably
    wouldn't use it solely for authentication. Assuming that your application
    is hitting a database already I'd say that that's probably the best way
    authenticate users. However, if you want to use integrated security and
    impersonation, then you should use AD.

    Buddy Ackerman, Jun 13, 2005
  4. Re: login screen

    Hi Buddy,

    Which one is best, AD or SQL users?
    When you say hiding database: we will put our application into another
    machine and database will be in another machine, will this be enough hiding?
    Thanks,

    =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=, Jun 13, 2005
  5. Re: login screen

    As long as the database is not on an external network (i.e. behind a
    firewall that only the webserver can access) that's fine.

    Buddy Ackerman, Jun 13, 2005