q; merger two dataset

Guest

Hello,
Is it possible to merge two datasets which have three tables in each of
them? I am musing .Net 2.0 if this makes anything easier.
Any sample code will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Guest

The easy way is with the dataset designer. If you want to do it
programmatically, try:

Dim connString As String = My.Settings.ProjectConnection
Dim ds As New DataSet

Using cnn As New SqlClient.SqlConnection(connString)
cnn.Open()
Using cmd As New SqlClient.SqlCommand("mySP", cnn)
cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@myParam", myValue)
Using da As New SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter(cmd)
da.TableMappings.Add("Table", "MyDatasetName1")
da.TableMappings.Add("Table1", "MyDatasetName2")
da.TableMappings.Add("Table2", "MyDatasetName3")
da.Fill(ds)
End Using
End Using
cnn.Close()
End Using

In the stored procedure just write some SQL
SELECT * FROM MyTableName1
SELECT * FROM MyTableName2
SELECT * FROM MyTableName3

It will work equally well with multiple dynamic SQL statements.

Guest

Hello Larry,
Thanks you very much for your reply. This fills the dataset, I need to merge
it with another dataset with the same schema, will that work with three
tables?