Q: my mistake or theirs?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Martin Honnen, Mar 26, 2008.

  1. Malcolm Dew-Jones wrote:
    > Some literal text in my style sheet is not being output, I'm not sure why.
    > I'm using the Oracle xml routines.

    > Why is the word BEFORE not included in the output?

    I don't see a problem with your stylesheet so you might want to raise
    the issue on an Oracle support forum or mailing list.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Mar 26, 2008

  2. Some literal text in my style sheet is not being output, I'm not sure why.
    I'm using the Oracle xml routines.

    declare
    xmlclob varchar2(4000);
    xslclob varchar2(4000);
    the_xml XMLType;
    the_xsl XMLType;
    the_doc XMLType;
    begin

    xslclob :=
    '<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
    version="1.0">

    <xsl:template match="w">
    <xsl:copy>
    BEFORE
    AFTER
    </xsl:copy>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="@*|node()">
    <xsl:copy><xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()"/></xsl:copy>
    </xsl:template>
    </xsl:stylesheet>';

    the_xml := XMLType.createXML(xmlclob);
    the_xsl := XMLType.createXML(xslclob);
    the_doc := the_xml.transform(the_xsl);
    :docclob := the_doc.getCLOBval();
    end;
    /
    print docclob

    <top>
    <w>this_one
    AFTER
    </w>
    <w>that_one
    AFTER
    </w>
    </top>

    Why is the word BEFORE not included in the output?

    Feedback appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Malcolm Dew-Jones, Mar 26, 2008