Q: prevent the source code from being viewed

Guest

Hello,
I am using asp.net c#, when users login into my application through mixed
windows-form authentication, is there a way that they can see the source
code, if yes, how can I prevent that? I need to prevent the source code from
being viewed by users since there is a user and password declared in the
connection string.
Thanks,
Jim.

Lucas Tam

Hello,
I am using asp.net c#, when users login into my application through
mixed windows-form authentication, is there a way that they can see
the source code, if yes, how can I prevent that? I need to prevent the
source code from being viewed by users since there is a user and
password declared in the connection string.

Turn off Remote Errors.

And obfuscate your code.

Kevin Spencer

I assume you're talking about the .Net source code on the server, rather
than the HTML and JavaScript source code on the client, right? If so, if
anyone but you can see the source code on the server, the server has a real
security problem. IOW, it should not be an issue.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP