    connection string.
    Thanks,
    Jim.

    =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=, Mar 22, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=

    Lucas Tam Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?= <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hello,
    > I am using asp.net c#, when users login into my application through
    > mixed windows-form authentication, is there a way that they can see
    > the source code, if yes, how can I prevent that? I need to prevent the
    > source code from being viewed by users since there is a user and
    > password declared in the connection string.

    Turn off Remote Errors.

    And obfuscate your code.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Mar 22, 2005

  3. Re: prevent the source code from being viewed

    I assume you're talking about the .Net source code on the server, rather
    than the HTML and JavaScript source code on the client, right? If so, if
    anyone but you can see the source code on the server, the server has a real
    security problem. IOW, it should not be an issue.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP