[Q] really WEIRD asp problem (XP, IIS, IE 6)

holgeradelmann

Can anyone help please:

I found a nice article on the web how to write my dynamice information into
an RSS-XML.

But I cannot get the code to work.

The problem is so simple but weird. Reduced, the problem is that 'pass.asp'
returns the respective XML in the browser (IE 6):

<%
response.write "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='iso-8859-1'?>"
response.write "<rss version='2.0'>"
response.write "<!--"
response.write "RSS generated by AstraZeneca"
response.write "-->"
response.write "</rss>"
%>

whereas 'fails.asp' produces an empty page:

<%
response.write "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='iso-8859-1'?>"
response.write "<rss version='2.0'>"
response.write "<!--"
response.write "RSS generated by AstraZeneca"
response.write "-->"
response.write "<channel>"
response.write "</channel>"
response.write "</rss>"
%>

The only difference is the additional channel tag !?

Am I mad or ......?

Regards,

Holger

Evertjan.

holgeradelmann wrote on 24 jul 2003 in
[...]

It is like the problem:

<%
response.write "Is God dead ?"
%>

off topic, since it is a clientside question.

holgeradelmann

Evertjan,

this is a real problem at least to me.
Is this the way you communicate in the Netherlands ?

Holger,
Deutschland