  1. I have a login.aspx in my application and I need to make sure all the users
    go though this page even if they click other apsx files in the project
    login.aspx should show up. How can I do this?

    =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=, Sep 23, 2006

  2. If using FormsAuthentication, then use the logingUrl in your web.config
    like so:

    <forms name=".FormsAuth" loginUrl="path/to/login.aspx" />

    hope that helps!

    Sean

    Sean Chambers, Sep 23, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=

    Tim_Mac Guest

    hi Jim,
    use Forms Authentication on your web site. any users will then be directed
    here to login before they can access any .Net resources in your project.
    look up the SDK for more info on using Forms Auth.

    if you really didn't want to use forms authentication for some reason, then
    you could intercept the Application_BeginRequest method in global.asax and
    check for some criteria (set by you) which would indicate if the user is
    allowed to enter the site.

    i hope this helps.
    tim

    Tim_Mac, Sep 23, 2006
  4. I have login screen that checks the user against database, can you give me
    example how I can use FormsAuthentication.

    =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=, Sep 24, 2006
  5. Thanks for the reply, I probably need an example.

    =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=, Sep 24, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=

    Tim_Mac Guest

    Tim_Mac, Sep 24, 2006