    depend on whether or not the cookie expires before the IIS session?

    Can someone help me out here?

    Thanks
    Mike Hofer, May 21, 2006

  2. Actually Asp.net Works on session in two ways. Either CookieLess or Cookie
    Based. Now when the yser walks away from your application and cookie expires
    it means that session is expired and on coming back to the same website,
    forms authentication will force him to go to Login page of your website.

    Pls provide feedback so I can know how helpful my post is.

    =?Utf-8?B?QWx0YWYgQWwtQW1pbiBOYWp3YW5p?=, May 21, 2006

  3. Mike Hofer

    Mike Hofer Guest

    Okay, that makes sense (I think). So let's assume I'm using a
    cookie-based session. If the cookie expires in 30 minutes, the user
    will always be redirected to my logon page, right?

    What happens if I'm not using a cookie? Does my session state just get
    invalidated (wiped out)? Becaues that seems to be happening in an
    application that I am currently working on that doesn't use forms
    authentication. (It's all built from scratch.) I'm not sure if there's
    a way that I can retrofit the application to programmatically sense
    whether or not the session has expired.

    Mike Hofer, May 21, 2006