Q: robots / spiders

Robert Baer

1) Presumedly there is a way to "alert" the robots/spiders as to how
often to visit / revisit your webpage (or not to do so).
How is this done, and if code said in effect "do not bother", how
would one "turn back on" the search?

2) Is there any related code to "help" increase status in the search
results?

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Robert Baer
1) Presumedly there is a way to "alert" the robots/spiders as to how
often to visit / revisit your webpage (or not to do so).

There is the Meta content="revisit", but I don't think bots ever paid any
attention to it.
How is this done, and if code said in effect "do not bother", how
would one "turn back on" the search?

You might want to look into robots.txt. Google for it.
2) Is there any related code to "help" increase status in the search
results?

Good content and no gimmicks.

Robert Baer

<[email protected]> writing in @corp.supernews.com:

There is the Meta content="revisit", but I don't think bots ever paid any
attention to it.

You might want to look into robots.txt. Google for it.

Good content and no gimmicks.
Thanks.
******
I think someone sent an e-mail to me as a response, but the "suspect
spam" filter got it before i could look at it.
Whomever that was, please re-send?