[Q] WebSphere 3.5 under Windows NT4 SP6 with MS SQL Server & MERANT JDBC Driver

Michel Szybist

[Q] WebSphere 3.5 under Windows NT4 SP6 with MS SQL Server & MERANT
JDBC Driver

Hi folks.

One of our client is experiencing problems with the above
configuration. (The application is a standard JSP/Servlet web app.)

They have to reboot the windows box on a regular basis, because of
WebSphere hanging.

I would never set up WAS with MS SQL Server, but they have other apps
that need it... :-(

Does someone have a clue ?

Should they upgrade WAS and/or setup a kind of bridge between the MS
SQL Server database and one better suited for WAS ?

Change their JDBC driver ?

thanks for your help.

Michel