[Q] WebSphere 3.5 under Windows NT4 SP6 with MS SQL Server & MERANT JDBC Driver

Discussion in 'Java' started by Michel Szybist, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. [Q] WebSphere 3.5 under Windows NT4 SP6 with MS SQL Server & MERANT
    JDBC Driver

    Hi folks.

    One of our client is experiencing problems with the above
    configuration. (The application is a standard JSP/Servlet web app.)

    They have to reboot the windows box on a regular basis, because of
    WebSphere hanging.

    I would never set up WAS with MS SQL Server, but they have other apps
    that need it... :-(

    Does someone have a clue ?

    Should they upgrade WAS and/or setup a kind of bridge between the MS
    SQL Server database and one better suited for WAS ?

    Change their JDBC driver ?

    thanks for your help.

    Michel

    Michel Szybist, Jul 21, 2003