    instance?

    Thanks,
    George.

    George, Jan 2, 2005

  2. George wrote:

    > Can someone please detail for me, the onmouseover statement which
    > would change the font type of all text on the web page to verdana,
    > for instance?

    If there is a JavaScript answer for that, I don't know it, but
    question why you would want to. Why not look for a CSS-file switching
    script instead, with different font families in them?

    You might want to read this page as well:
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 2, 2005

  3. George

    George Guest

    On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 00:29:40 -0500, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >George wrote:
    >
    >> Can someone please detail for me, the onmouseover statement which
    >> would change the font type of all text on the web page to verdana,
    >> for instance?

    >If there is a JavaScript answer for that, I don't know it, but
    >question why you would want to. Why not look for a CSS-file switching
    >script instead, with different font families in them?
    >
    >You might want to read this page as well:
    >http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html
    >
    >--
    > -bts
    > -This space intentionally left blank.

    I don't understand your response.
    I've re-read my original thread, and it reads clearly enough.
    How is your response supposed to answer my question?

    George, Jan 2, 2005
  4. George wrote:

    > On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 00:29:40 -0500, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> George wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can someone please detail for me, the onmouseover statement
    >>> which would change the font type of all text on the web page to
    >>> verdana, for instance?

    >> If there is a JavaScript answer for that, I don't know it, but
    >> question why you would want to. Why not look for a CSS-file
    >> switching script instead, with different font families in them?
    >>
    >> You might want to read this page as well:
    >> http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html

    > I don't understand your response. I've re-read my original thread,
    > and it reads clearly enough. How is your response supposed to
    > answer my question?

    I've re-read my response, and it seems clear enough. I gave you
    alternatives to consider.

    Remember, Usenet is not a help desk; it's a discussion board.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 2, 2005
  5. George wrote:
    > Can someone please detail for me, the onmouseover statement which
    > would change the font type of all text on the web page to verdana, for
    > instance?

    Why on Earth would you want to change the font of your text on hover? In
    a best case scenario, the font before and after the hover would be
    exactly the same size, but the user would be confused as to why his text
    changed shape for no apparent reason. In a worse case scenario, the two
    fonts would be different sizes, and the user's cursor would no longer be
    over the differently-sized text, which would cause a flickering effect:
    hovering would cause the font to change; the new text would no longer be
    under the cursor, so as soon as the mouse moved, it would go back to the
    old font; the text would then be under the cursor, continuing the cycle.

    Even if you had a good reason to change fonts on hover, Verdana is an
    especially poor choice of font due to its unusually large size:
    <URL:http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html>.

    Leif K-Brooks, Jan 2, 2005
  6. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    > Remember, Usenet is not a help desk; it's a discussion board.

    For the OP, it might be just a trolling forum; the question was
    multiposted, and without a very good explanation of why on &Planet;
    he wants to change all text to Verdana, it is fairly obvious that
    he is just trolling or seriously clue challenged.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 2, 2005
  7. George

    George Guest

    On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 09:20:53 +0000 (UTC), "Jukka K. Korpela"
    <> wrote:

    >"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Remember, Usenet is not a help desk; it's a discussion board.

    >For the OP, it might be just a trolling forum; the question was
    >multiposted, and without a very good explanation of why on &Planet;
    >he wants to change all text to Verdana, it is fairly obvious that
    >he is just trolling or seriously clue challenged.
    >
    >--
    >Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    >Pages about Web authoring: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/www.html

    How's this for a clue for you, You're a troll that follows a troll.

    you try to make yourself sound big, because the internet is the only
    place you can do it. I bet in real life, your a sickly, weakling of a
    patient, not even worth my time.

    I can stand behind what I say, but
    you can't.

    Go ahead and post that wherever you want to.

    And no, I won't see your sorry site, as ignorant people don't have
    anything I want to read.

    George, Jan 2, 2005
  8. George

    Neal Guest

    On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 18:30:07 GMT, George
    <h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/> wrote:

    > How's this for a clue for you, You're a troll that follows a troll.
    >
    > you try to make yourself sound big, because the internet is the only
    > place you can do it. I bet in real life, your a sickly, weakling of a
    > patient, not even worth my time.
    >
    > I can stand behind what I say, but
    > you can't.
    >
    > Go ahead and post that wherever you want to.
    >
    > And no, I won't see your sorry site, as ignorant people don't have
    > anything I want to read.

    Some-bod-y has is---sues...

    Neal, Jan 2, 2005
  9. George

    George Guest

    On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 01:53:22 -0500, Leif K-Brooks
    <> wrote:

    >George wrote:
    >> Can someone please detail for me, the onmouseover statement which
    >> would change the font type of all text on the web page to verdana, for
    >> instance?

    >Why on Earth would you want to change the font of your text on hover? In
    >a best case scenario, the font before and after the hover would be
    >exactly the same size, but the user would be confused as to why his text
    >changed shape for no apparent reason. In a worse case scenario, the two
    >fonts would be different sizes, and the user's cursor would no longer be
    >over the differently-sized text, which would cause a flickering effect:
    >hovering would cause the font to change; the new text would no longer be
    >under the cursor, so as soon as the mouse moved, it would go back to the
    >old font; the text would then be under the cursor, continuing the cycle.
    >
    >Even if you had a good reason to change fonts on hover, Verdana is an
    >especially poor choice of font due to its unusually large size:
    ><URL:http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html>.

    To all the 3 responders to my thread.

    Wake up!
    I never made mention of 'users' or public page, or even that it
    absolutely had to be Verdana. Any font would do.

    I use Verdana on some pages, and have only gotten praises on my
    presentations..

    You think maybe then, most people know what systems to use to surf
    the web?

    Anyway, I got the answer to the question I had, from someone, who
    unlike some of you, didn't have their head stuck up where the sun
    doesn't shine.

    If I had the answer, and someone posted the question, I'd be happy
    to post the straight answer, than to show ignorance, like at least one
    of you did.

    George "just answer the freakin' question, if you know it" Wyler

    George, Jan 2, 2005
  10. George wrote:

    > How's this for a clue for you, You're a troll that follows a
    > troll.

    <LOL> On a roll, I see.

    > you try to make yourself sound big, because the internet is the
    > only place you can do it. I bet in real life, your a sickly,
    > weakling of a patient, not even worth my time.

    No, I've seen his picture. He looks healthy.

    > I can stand behind what I say, but you can't.

    You haven't said much yet, George.

    > Go ahead and post that wherever you want to.
    >
    > And no, I won't see your sorry site, as ignorant people don't have
    > anything I want to read.

    George, don't be afraid to admit that you're a newbie to Usenet. This
    is not your personal help desk. You pose a question and everyone else
    is free to discuss it.

    I found 10 posts by you, in Google Groups. You said something similar
    to another poster in a different group:

    "What a horrible and totally mis-led exaggeration you imagine.
    There are doctors for that.
    I take what you've implied as slanderous, against me.
    And for what?
    If that's how you want to respond to any more questions I post,
    then stay out of my threads."

    The Help Desk is over that way ------>
    Have your credit card ready.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 2, 2005
  11. George

    George Guest

    On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 13:56:39 -0500, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >George wrote:
    >
    >> How's this for a clue for you, You're a troll that follows a
    >> troll.

    ><LOL> On a roll, I see.
    >
    >> you try to make yourself sound big, because the internet is the
    >> only place you can do it. I bet in real life, your a sickly,
    >> weakling of a patient, not even worth my time.

    >No, I've seen his picture. He looks healthy.
    >
    >> I can stand behind what I say, but you can't.

    >You haven't said much yet, George.
    >
    >> Go ahead and post that wherever you want to.
    >>
    >> And no, I won't see your sorry site, as ignorant people don't have
    >> anything I want to read.

    >George, don't be afraid to admit that you're a newbie to Usenet. This
    >is not your personal help desk. You pose a question and everyone else
    >is free to discuss it.
    >
    >I found 10 posts by you, in Google Groups. You said something similar
    >to another poster in a different group:
    >
    >"What a horrible and totally mis-led exaggeration you imagine.
    >There are doctors for that.
    >I take what you've implied as slanderous, against me.
    >And for what?
    >If that's how you want to respond to any more questions I post,
    >then stay out of my threads."
    >

    >The Help Desk is over that way ------>
    >Have your credit card ready.
    >
    >--
    > -bts
    > -This space intentionally left blank.

    Your probably right about all except for 'my personal help desk'.
    And no, not a usenet newbie either.
    I just have a lot of questions, and am unable to find suitable
    sources.

    George, Jan 2, 2005
  12. h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/ (George) wrote:

    > I can stand behind what I say, but
    > you can't.

    Really? Which one of us uses his real name in the conversation? Where I
    live, that's part of the very minimum of standing behind one's word,
    and anyone who publicly accuses a named person, himself hiding behind a
    false identity, counts as a coward.

    But you have now made it very clear that you are trolling, or have
    decided to remain clueless _and_ a coward.

    We now move to our regular HTML-related business and ignore you the
    best we can.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 2, 2005
  13. George

    George Guest

    On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:23:12 +0000 (UTC), "Jukka K. Korpela"
    <> wrote:

    >h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/ (George) wrote:
    >
    >> I can stand behind what I say, but
    >> you can't.

    >Really? Which one of us uses his real name in the conversation? Where I
    >live, that's part of the very minimum of standing behind one's word,
    >and anyone who publicly accuses a named person, himself hiding behind a
    >false identity, counts as a coward.
    >
    >But you have now made it very clear that you are trolling, or have
    >decided to remain clueless _and_ a coward.

    Like I said, you hide on the internet, where you can appear big, but
    I'm not sold.

    >We now move to our regular HTML-related business and ignore you the
    >best we can.

    I won't go where I'm ignored.

    Deleting newsgroup from list.

    George, Jan 3, 2005
  14. In article <>,
    h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/ says...
    > On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 09:20:53 +0000 (UTC), "Jukka K. Korpela"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Remember, Usenet is not a help desk; it's a discussion board.

    > >For the OP, it might be just a trolling forum; the question was
    > >multiposted, and without a very good explanation of why on &Planet;
    > >he wants to change all text to Verdana, it is fairly obvious that
    > >he is just trolling or seriously clue challenged.
    > >
    > >--
    > >Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    > >Pages about Web authoring: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/www.html
    > >

    > How's this for a clue for you, You're a troll that follows a troll.

    Jucca is hardly a troll. He just doesn't suffer fools gladly.

    > you try to make yourself sound big, because the internet is the only
    > place you can do it. I bet in real life, your a sickly, weakling of a
    > patient, not even worth my time.

    You're the one who's stuck, Monkey Boy.

    > I can stand behind what I say, but you can't.

    Really? I suppose you'd have to. It's so absurd you wouldn't want
    anyone knowing it was you that said it so you've got to hide somewhere

    > And no, I won't see your sorry site, as ignorant people don't have
    > anything I want to read.

    Hmm. I know Jucca uses big words every now and then, but I'm sure with
    the help of dictionary.com you could make it through his documents.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 3, 2005
  15. Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    >>And no, I won't see your sorry site, as ignorant people don't have
    >>anything I want to read.

    > Hmm. I know Jucca uses big words every now and then, but I'm sure with
    > the help of dictionary.com you could make it through his documents.

    Na, he will be back with the same question. Just a different handle.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Jan 3, 2005
  16. George

    Toby Inkster Guest

    George wrote:

    > Can someone please detail for me, the onmouseover statement which
    > would change the font type of all text on the web page to verdana, for
    > instance?

    Do you mean something like this?

    But why? It's dumb-assed.

    --