Q. What's the onmouseover statement to all text on web page?

George

Hi,

Can someone please detail for me, the onmouseover statement which
would change the font type of all text on the web page to verdana, for
instance?

Thanks,
George.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

George said:
Can someone please detail for me, the onmouseover statement which
would change the font type of all text on the web page to verdana,
for instance?

If there is a JavaScript answer for that, I don't know it, but
question why you would want to. Why not look for a CSS-file switching
script instead, with different font families in them?

You might want to read this page as well:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html

George

If there is a JavaScript answer for that, I don't know it, but
question why you would want to. Why not look for a CSS-file switching
script instead, with different font families in them?

You might want to read this page as well:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html

I don't understand your response.
I've re-read my original thread, and it reads clearly enough.
How is your response supposed to answer my question?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

George said:
I don't understand your response. I've re-read my original thread,
and it reads clearly enough. How is your response supposed to
answer my question?

I've re-read my response, and it seems clear enough. I gave you
alternatives to consider.

Remember, Usenet is not a help desk; it's a discussion board.

Leif K-Brooks

George said:
Can someone please detail for me, the onmouseover statement which
would change the font type of all text on the web page to verdana, for
instance?

Why on Earth would you want to change the font of your text on hover? In
a best case scenario, the font before and after the hover would be
exactly the same size, but the user would be confused as to why his text
changed shape for no apparent reason. In a worse case scenario, the two
fonts would be different sizes, and the user's cursor would no longer be
over the differently-sized text, which would cause a flickering effect:
hovering would cause the font to change; the new text would no longer be
under the cursor, so as soon as the mouse moved, it would go back to the
old font; the text would then be under the cursor, continuing the cycle.

Even if you had a good reason to change fonts on hover, Verdana is an
especially poor choice of font due to its unusually large size:
<URL:http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html>.

Jukka K. Korpela

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
Remember, Usenet is not a help desk; it's a discussion board.

For the OP, it might be just a trolling forum; the question was
multiposted, and without a very good explanation of why on &Planet;
he wants to change all text to Verdana, it is fairly obvious that
he is just trolling or seriously clue challenged.

George

For the OP, it might be just a trolling forum; the question was
multiposted, and without a very good explanation of why on &Planet;
he wants to change all text to Verdana, it is fairly obvious that
he is just trolling or seriously clue challenged.

How's this for a clue for you, You're a troll that follows a troll.

you try to make yourself sound big, because the internet is the only
place you can do it. I bet in real life, your a sickly, weakling of a
patient, not even worth my time.

I can stand behind what I say, but
you can't.

Go ahead and post that wherever you want to.

And no, I won't see your sorry site, as ignorant people don't have
anything I want to read.

Neal

How's this for a clue for you, You're a troll that follows a troll.

you try to make yourself sound big, because the internet is the only
place you can do it. I bet in real life, your a sickly, weakling of a
patient, not even worth my time.

I can stand behind what I say, but
you can't.

Go ahead and post that wherever you want to.

And no, I won't see your sorry site, as ignorant people don't have
anything I want to read.

Some-bod-y has is---sues...

George

Why on Earth would you want to change the font of your text on hover? In
a best case scenario, the font before and after the hover would be
exactly the same size, but the user would be confused as to why his text
changed shape for no apparent reason. In a worse case scenario, the two
fonts would be different sizes, and the user's cursor would no longer be
over the differently-sized text, which would cause a flickering effect:
hovering would cause the font to change; the new text would no longer be
under the cursor, so as soon as the mouse moved, it would go back to the
old font; the text would then be under the cursor, continuing the cycle.

Even if you had a good reason to change fonts on hover, Verdana is an
especially poor choice of font due to its unusually large size:
<URL:http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html>.

To all the 3 responders to my thread.

Wake up!
I never made mention of 'users' or public page, or even that it
absolutely had to be Verdana. Any font would do.

I use Verdana on some pages, and have only gotten praises on my
presentations..

You think maybe then, most people know what systems to use to surf
the web?

Anyway, I got the answer to the question I had, from someone, who
unlike some of you, didn't have their head stuck up where the sun
doesn't shine.

If I had the answer, and someone posted the question, I'd be happy
to post the straight answer, than to show ignorance, like at least one
of you did.

George "just answer the freakin' question, if you know it" Wyler

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

George said:
How's this for a clue for you, You're a troll that follows a
troll.

you try to make yourself sound big, because the internet is the
only place you can do it. I bet in real life, your a sickly,
weakling of a patient, not even worth my time.

No, I've seen his picture. He looks healthy.
I can stand behind what I say, but you can't.

You haven't said much yet, George.
Go ahead and post that wherever you want to.

And no, I won't see your sorry site, as ignorant people don't have
anything I want to read.

George, don't be afraid to admit that you're a newbie to Usenet. This
is not your personal help desk. You pose a question and everyone else
is free to discuss it.

I found 10 posts by you, in Google Groups. You said something similar
to another poster in a different group:

"What a horrible and totally mis-led exaggeration you imagine.
There are doctors for that.
I take what you've implied as slanderous, against me.
And for what?
If that's how you want to respond to any more questions I post,
then stay out of my threads."

The Help Desk is over that way ------>
Have your credit card ready.

George

No, I've seen his picture. He looks healthy.

You haven't said much yet, George.

George, don't be afraid to admit that you're a newbie to Usenet. This
is not your personal help desk. You pose a question and everyone else
is free to discuss it.

I found 10 posts by you, in Google Groups. You said something similar
to another poster in a different group:

"What a horrible and totally mis-led exaggeration you imagine.
There are doctors for that.
I take what you've implied as slanderous, against me.
And for what?
If that's how you want to respond to any more questions I post,
then stay out of my threads."

The Help Desk is over that way ------>
Have your credit card ready.

Your probably right about all except for 'my personal help desk'.
And no, not a usenet newbie either.
I just have a lot of questions, and am unable to find suitable
sources.

Jukka K. Korpela

h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/[email protected] (George) said:
I can stand behind what I say, but
you can't.

Really? Which one of us uses his real name in the conversation? Where I
live, that's part of the very minimum of standing behind one's word,
and anyone who publicly accuses a named person, himself hiding behind a
false identity, counts as a coward.

But you have now made it very clear that you are trolling, or have
decided to remain clueless _and_ a coward.

We now move to our regular HTML-related business and ignore you the
best we can.

George

Really? Which one of us uses his real name in the conversation? Where I
live, that's part of the very minimum of standing behind one's word,
and anyone who publicly accuses a named person, himself hiding behind a
false identity, counts as a coward.

But you have now made it very clear that you are trolling, or have
decided to remain clueless _and_ a coward.

Like I said, you hide on the internet, where you can appear big, but
I'm not sold.
We now move to our regular HTML-related business and ignore you the
best we can.

I won't go where I'm ignored.

Deleting newsgroup from list.

Hywel Jenkins

How's this for a clue for you, You're a troll that follows a troll.

Jucca is hardly a troll. He just doesn't suffer fools gladly.

you try to make yourself sound big, because the internet is the only
place you can do it. I bet in real life, your a sickly, weakling of a
patient, not even worth my time.

You're the one who's stuck, Monkey Boy.

I can stand behind what I say, but you can't.

Really? I suppose you'd have to. It's so absurd you wouldn't want
anyone knowing it was you that said it so you've got to hide somewhere

And no, I won't see your sorry site, as ignorant people don't have
anything I want to read.

Hmm. I know Jucca uses big words every now and then, but I'm sure with
the help of dictionary.com you could make it through his documents.

Travis Newbury

Hywel said:
Hmm. I know Jucca uses big words every now and then, but I'm sure with
the help of dictionary.com you could make it through his documents.

Na, he will be back with the same question. Just a different handle.

Toby Inkster

George said:
Can someone please detail for me, the onmouseover statement which
would change the font type of all text on the web page to verdana, for
instance?

Do you mean something like this?

But why? It's dumb-assed.