Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?dmluYXk=?=, Jul 14, 2005.

  1. A datagrid Q
    Consider a scenario where i have a CollectionObject with 10000 records.
    And i store it in a Session Variable.

    I bind it to a DataGrid using the datasource.
    The GataGrid Paging is on, AllowPaging=True

    Page Size is 100

    When i Databind to Datagrid, will the Viewstate will hold all the 10000
    records data in the page or only the 100 records??

    Please clear my doubt..

    Thanks
    Vinay

    --
    http://pathidotnet.blogspot.com
    =====
    =?Utf-8?B?dmluYXk=?=, Jul 14, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dmluYXk=?=

    Marina Guest

    It will hold 100.

    If you were to put the collection object in viewstate, then it would have
    all 10K

    You can test it by looking at viewstate when the grid has 100 items in it,
    and then comparing it to the grid when you turn paging off.

    Marina, Jul 14, 2005

  3. Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?dmluYXk=?=, Jul 14, 2005