QA-C gives side-effects warning. Unknown why

Nomen Nescio

CBFalconer said:
--
+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

fix (vb.): 1. to paper over, obscure, hide from public view; 2.
to work around, in a way that produces unintended consequences
that are worse than the original problem. Usage: "Windows ME
fixes many of the shortcomings of Windows 98 SE". - Hutchinson

Please don't post long signatures, especially in posts that add
nothing to the discussion, and especially in threads in which
your only other contribution was insulting the OP's intelligence
and common sense knowledge of C. Netiquette 101.

To the OP, sorry you had to witness this little dump from our
resident Net Nannying Hypocrite in Command. You are, of course, a
free individual who's able to make your own decisions about whom
and whom not to engage on this newsgroup.

I'm glad that by emptying out the function body, you were able
to conclude with full assurance that QA-C wasn't analyzing the
function.

Yours,
Han from China