QA Test Engineer opening in Austin TX

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by ConnieK, May 31, 2012.

  1. ConnieK

    ConnieK Guest

    QA Test Engineer opening in Austin, TX

    Are you a test engineer who is fanatical about delivering quality
    products? Want to see your work directly impact over 1.7 million IT
    pros who use our app to do their jobs? Interested in making a
    difference at one of Austin’s coolest start-ups? Then, Spiceworks just
    might be your new home! As a Spiceworks Test Engineer, you’ll be
    immersed in the development process from start to finish to test
    products and new features. You’ll be an integral part of the beta
    cycle helping to ensure usability. And, you’ll interact directly with
    our users along the way to make sure every feature is seamless before
    the final release!

    Called the “Facebook of IT,” Spiceworks innovative model combines a
    network management app with an online community of over 1.7 million IT
    pros who rely on Spiceworks to carry out their day-to-day IT
    responsibilities and to connect with each other to exchange tips, IT
    advice…even jokes! We’re blazing’ trails and changing the way today’s
    tech products are managed, marketed, and sold. And, given we’re
    growing by 2,000 new users a day, it’s no surprise we’ve been named
    “fastest growing business app in history!”

    Spiceworks needs top-notch testers who are up for the challenge of
    delivering software as flawless as humanly possible. Who will to go
    through the countless cycles of testing and verification required to
    identify and resolve everything from general usability issues all the
    way down to the tiniest of bugs. Who will tap into our user base for
    firsthand feedback to help discern issues and validate appropriate
    resolutions. And who’ll never be heard uttering the words “…that’s
    good enough.”

    Responsibilities: What will I do?

    * Test and verify all areas of the Spiceworks application and the
    Spiceworks Community
    * Set up and configure testing environments
    * Design, code, and execute automated Watir and Ruby test scripts
    * Track and verify software defects, analyze user feedback and
    identify usability issues.
    * Work with the development team on design requirements and create
    test plans and cases

    Qualifications: What does it take to do this job?

    We’re looking for all levels of experience – if you think you’ve got
    what it takes or are ready to learn more – we want to hear from you!
    Passion for delivering exceptional products
    Hands on experience creating test processes and scripts for software
    and web/service products
    Ability to analyze defects / test results and be able to deduct the
    chain of events leading to a failure
    Experience translating a product definition (use-cases/stories, reqs,
    etc.) into test cases
    Ability to articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences
    Acute attention to detail
    Self-starting nature with the ability to work independently in a fast-
    paced, startup environment
    Willingness and ability to adapt to testing new technologies
    Experience writing test automation code through scripting third party
    tools like Waitr, Watir-webdriver and Capybara.

    Apply here:
    http://www.spiceworks.com/jobs/?nl=1&jvi=olPCVfwr,Job&jvk=Job
    ConnieK, May 31, 2012