qooxdoo report

Kenny

I promised to come back and delight the framework haters by confessing
if I got canned, so... by the same token I must report, nope, client
loves it, wants more.

qx never fails: I will spend X hours finding the X lines of code I need
to make something new work, like drag and drop from a datagrid cell to a
search field. ie, it is all there and in the end just takes a few lines
of code but even with extensive documentation there is no substitute for
experience to know exactly where to look and what to use. in the end it
was trivial and I actually spent most of the X hours straining for more
elaborate solutions. btw, part of the story here is that a table cell is
not a widget in itself (of course) and all they documented was
widget-to-widget d'n'd.

qx just moved to 0.8.1, btw, bragging about a lot of new browser
compatibility.

The OO lite is wonderful. My task is a business app with lots of
repeated structure and I am getting classic OO reuse. This is the
flipside of the above: things I think will take an hour Just Work in
minutes, including interesting refactorizations.

sg,kt