QT and translations for plugins

bwnyer

Hello,

I am trying to add translations to an c++/qt3 application. I am using
QTranslator and after some time everything seems to work so far. But
the application also contains some plugins and I am wondering how to
deal with them best? I have tried to find examples, but haven't found
yet what I am actually looking for. I mean most of the projects I have
found they have just one single .ts file where all strings are
included, also from the plugins. Is there no way to have one .ts file
for each plugin, so that also 3rd party plugins can be translated?
Also how it should work with installTranslator(pluginTranslator) when
a plugin gets enabled while the program already running. This seems
not to be possible, or at least I always get segfaults, I think
because the translator must be created before the application's main
window.

Thank you very much for any comments about what is the common way how
to deal with this.

Regards,
Klaus

Victor Bazarov

bwnyer said:
I am trying to add translations to an c++/qt3 application. I am using
QTranslator and [..]

Please post your question to Qt forums. It's off-topic here.