    and the link for the framework overall is http://www.webbot.ws

    Thanks!

    Timothy

    timothy crosley, Mar 1, 2013

  2. On 02/28/2013 06:48 PM, timothy crosley wrote:
    > I've been working on a web development framework that integrates several popular QT features (such as a graphical template builder, signal / slots, ui's built by objects) for the last few years, and I was hoping that some people here might find it useful.
    >
    > If you are interested the main link for the widgets is http://www.webelements.in
    > and the link for the framework overall is http://www.webbot.ws

    Very professional-looking pages, I must say!

    How would your framework fit into a framework such as Django? In other
    words, could it be used as the "view" part of django? Or is it meant to
    completely replace a traditional web framework?

    Michael Torrie, Mar 1, 2013

  3. Hi Michael,

    Thanks! Since it simply produces html it can integrate very cleanly with django, or
    Any other framework that allows returning raw html. To be more specific, in django withing a view function you can return a response object that contains the HTML produced by WebElements. In the future I plan on adding even more django integration
    For things such as ajax abstraction. The long term vision is to be able to create apps and widgets that will run on any python framework unmodified except for calls to the database etc.

    Timothy

    timothy crosley, Mar 1, 2013
  4. Hi Michael,

    timothy crosley, Mar 1, 2013
  5. timothy crosley

    Ian Kelly Guest

    On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM, timothy crosley
    <> wrote:
    > Thanks! Since it simply produces html it can integrate very cleanly with django, or
    > Any other framework that allows returning raw html. To be more specific, in django withing a view function you can return a response object that contains the HTML produced by WebElements. In the future I plan on adding even more django integration

    Is the intention here that the Django view would invoke WebElements at
    run-time to generate the HTML, or might one use WebElements to
    pre-compile HTML and JS, which could then be processed through
    Django's template engine?

    Ian Kelly, Mar 1, 2013
  6. Hi Ian,

    The intention would be to invoke WebElements at view run time, this way the developer can write code to interact with the elements and effect the produced HTML dynamically on every request

    Timothy

    timothy crosley, Mar 1, 2013
  7. I've added special hooks into the framework to make integration with Django projects fairly seemless, these are detailed under the django quick start guide: http://www.webbot.ws/QuickStartGuide

    I hope this addresses some of the questions that have come up here,

    Thanks!

    Timothy

    timothy crosley, Mar 14, 2013
  8. I really hope I'm not beating a dead horse, but I'm still really hoping forsome feedback (good or bad) for this toolset/framework - as I really thinkit could help other Pyhton developers out. To that end I've added some demos on the main website showing how it works in action, that will hopefully make it more obvious what the framework is about and it's advantages. Theseare available here: http://www.webbot.ws/Demos

    Thanks Again,

    Timothy

    timothy crosley, Mar 21, 2013