QT Inspired web development framework for python

timothy crosley

Hi Everyone,

I've been working on a web development framework that integrates several popular QT features (such as a graphical template builder, signal / slots, ui's built by objects) for the last few years, and I was hoping that some people here might find it useful.

If you are interested the main link for the widgets is http://www.webelements.in
and the link for the framework overall is http://www.webbot.ws

Thanks!

Timothy

Michael Torrie

I've been working on a web development framework that integrates several popular QT features (such as a graphical template builder, signal / slots, ui's built by objects) for the last few years, and I was hoping that some people here might find it useful.

If you are interested the main link for the widgets is http://www.webelements.in
and the link for the framework overall is http://www.webbot.ws

Very professional-looking pages, I must say!

How would your framework fit into a framework such as Django? In other
words, could it be used as the "view" part of django? Or is it meant to
completely replace a traditional web framework?

timothy crosley

Hi Michael,

Thanks! Since it simply produces html it can integrate very cleanly with django, or
Any other framework that allows returning raw html. To be more specific, in django withing a view function you can return a response object that contains the HTML produced by WebElements. In the future I plan on adding even more django integration
For things such as ajax abstraction. The long term vision is to be able to create apps and widgets that will run on any python framework unmodified except for calls to the database etc.

Timothy

Ian Kelly

Thanks! Since it simply produces html it can integrate very cleanly with django, or
Any other framework that allows returning raw html. To be more specific, in django withing a view function you can return a response object that contains the HTML produced by WebElements. In the future I plan on adding even more django integration

Is the intention here that the Django view would invoke WebElements at
run-time to generate the HTML, or might one use WebElements to
pre-compile HTML and JS, which could then be processed through
Django's template engine?

timothy crosley

Hi Ian,

The intention would be to invoke WebElements at view run time, this way the developer can write code to interact with the elements and effect the produced HTML dynamically on every request

Timothy

timothy crosley

I've added special hooks into the framework to make integration with Django projects fairly seemless, these are detailed under the django quick start guide: http://www.webbot.ws/QuickStartGuide

I hope this addresses some of the questions that have come up here,

Thanks!

Timothy

timothy crosley

I really hope I'm not beating a dead horse, but I'm still really hoping forsome feedback (good or bad) for this toolset/framework - as I really thinkit could help other Pyhton developers out. To that end I've added some demos on the main website showing how it works in action, that will hopefully make it more obvious what the framework is about and it's advantages. Theseare available here: http://www.webbot.ws/Demos

Thanks Again,

Timothy