[QT] MMX, 3DNOW!, SSE and SSE2 supprot

Szyk

hi

I found post on QtCentre forum that Qt compiled with MinGW does not
support MMX, 3DNOW!, SSE and SSE2 in the past. This was clearly visible
when run configure.exe (eg SSE...... no). But now configure.exe by
default displays support for MMX, 3DNOW!, SSE and SSE2. Is that mean
MMX, 3DNOW!, SSE and SSE2 works now in Qt compiled with MinGW similiar
to Qt compiled with Visual C++?

Another question:
When I have not SSE2 in my processor is that mean Qt programs will crash
when I use Qt SDK for Windows?
(which by default is compiled with Visual C++ and SSE2 support).
Till now I do not observe that behaviour. But it is just my luck or
maybe is there some protection against use SSE2 when processor does not
support it?

thanks
Szyk

Victor Bazarov

I found post on QtCentre forum that Qt compiled with MinGW does not
support MMX, 3DNOW!, SSE and SSE2 in the past. This was clearly visible
when run configure.exe (eg SSE...... no). But now configure.exe by
default displays support for MMX, 3DNOW!, SSE and SSE2. Is that mean
MMX, 3DNOW!, SSE and SSE2 works now in Qt compiled with MinGW similiar
to Qt compiled with Visual C++?

Another question:
When I have not SSE2 in my processor is that mean Qt programs will crash
when I use Qt SDK for Windows?
(which by default is compiled with Visual C++ and SSE2 support).
Till now I do not observe that behaviour. But it is just my luck or
maybe is there some protection against use SSE2 when processor does not
support it?

Qt has its own developer support and online forums. Windows has its own
developer support and online forums. Please use those. Here we talk
Standard C++ *LANGUAGE*. When you have a C++ language question, do come
back and ask it.