[QT] MMX, 3DNOW!, SSE and SSE2 supprot

Discussion in 'C++' started by Szyk, Oct 29, 2011.

  1. Szyk

    Szyk Guest

    hi

    I found post on QtCentre forum that Qt compiled with MinGW does not
    support MMX, 3DNOW!, SSE and SSE2 in the past. This was clearly visible
    when run configure.exe (eg SSE...... no). But now configure.exe by
    default displays support for MMX, 3DNOW!, SSE and SSE2. Is that mean
    MMX, 3DNOW!, SSE and SSE2 works now in Qt compiled with MinGW similiar
    to Qt compiled with Visual C++?

    Another question:
    When I have not SSE2 in my processor is that mean Qt programs will crash
    when I use Qt SDK for Windows?
    (which by default is compiled with Visual C++ and SSE2 support).
    Till now I do not observe that behaviour. But it is just my luck or
    maybe is there some protection against use SSE2 when processor does not
    support it?

    thanks
    Szyk
    Szyk, Oct 29, 2011

  2. On 10/29/2011 4:42 AM, Szyk wrote:
    > I found post on QtCentre forum that Qt compiled with MinGW does not
    > support MMX, 3DNOW!, SSE and SSE2 in the past. This was clearly visible
    > when run configure.exe (eg SSE...... no). But now configure.exe by
    > default displays support for MMX, 3DNOW!, SSE and SSE2. Is that mean
    > MMX, 3DNOW!, SSE and SSE2 works now in Qt compiled with MinGW similiar
    > to Qt compiled with Visual C++?
    >
    > Another question:
    > When I have not SSE2 in my processor is that mean Qt programs will crash
    > when I use Qt SDK for Windows?
    > (which by default is compiled with Visual C++ and SSE2 support).
    > Till now I do not observe that behaviour. But it is just my luck or
    > maybe is there some protection against use SSE2 when processor does not
    > support it?

    Qt has its own developer support and online forums. Windows has its own
    developer support and online forums. Please use those. Here we talk
    Standard C++ *LANGUAGE*. When you have a C++ language question, do come
    back and ask it.

    Victor Bazarov, Oct 29, 2011