Qtruby scale images on window resize with QGraphicsView andQGraphicsScene

Kevin

I'm trying to get an image to scale nicely on window resize with Qt and all
I seem to be able to get is the image to load full size.
The offending code is here: http://pastebin.com/LYF0e6hd

I'm trying to get an effect similar to this Python example:
http://www.rkblog.rk.edu.pl/w/p/qgraphicsview-and-qgraphicsscene/?c=1
Scroll down to the bottom to see the class created there with the resize
event handler.

My suspicion is that the resize event isn't getting fired at all in my code.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Note that I have tried using
FitInView which does what it says but it seems to make the image blurry.