qualified name and unqualified name

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by George2, Mar 7, 2008.

  1. George2

    George2

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2008
    Messages:
    108
    Hello everyone,

    I have searched web, wikipedia and some books. But can not find a exact definition for what is qualified name and unqualified name. Here is a small part from Bjarne's book, for example.

    I think qualified name means names with namespace qualifier in this context? Unqualified name means no namespace qualifier ahead of a name? Correct or not?

    Not can an unqualified name used in a template ever be bound to a local name. Finally, even if a template is first used within a class, unqualified names used in the template will not be bound to members of that class. Ignoring lcoal names is essential to prevent a lot of nasty macro-like behavior.

    section C.18.3.3 Point of Instantiation Binding

    thanks in advance,
    George

    George2, Mar 7, 2008