Quality of the photos on the website

Luigi Donatello Asero

brucie said:
in post: <

the image is 308x480px not 193x300px you claim it is in your html.

don't use html to resize images, browsers do a really crap job at it and
it wastes time/bandwidth/money downloading images that are larger than
required. with a very few exceptions images should only be displayed at
their actual size.

Would you be so kind as to explain further?
If I click by the mouse on the photo I see 193x300px

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/elba.html

Steve Pugh

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Would you be so kind as to explain further?
If I click by the mouse on the photo I see 193x300px

The image in that page is
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/bilder/bicchiereunogrande.JPG
and is 308x480. That's the image that is downloaded every time someone
views that page.

The browser then squeezes the image down to 193x300 when it displays
it. As browsers are not fully featured graphics programs they do not
as good a job at preserving the quality of the image when they reduce
the size as you could do if you did it yourself beforehand.

By resizing the image in a graphics program to 193x300 you can make it
smaller, thus making the page quicker to download, lowering your
bandwidth costs, etc.

Steve