Queries regarding ruby exception handling

Chirag Mistry

Hi

I am using Ruby 1.8.6 in embedded with C++ application and in future I
will use Ruby 1.9. I have following queries for Ruby exception handling.
Please give reply with the answers or provide me information about any
reference document that can help me for the same.

1. We can catch and handle Ruby exceptions using rb_protect C API. Is
there any other way or other C APIs to do the same things?
2. From following list of Ruby C APIs:
- Which API can throw Ruby exception or any other exception?
- If any API is throwing exception then which exception and in which
condition?

List of C APIs that I am using:
rb_require
rb_gv_get