    Thanks for any help.

    Regards,
    Swapan

    swapan.s1, Jun 12, 2007

  2. swapan.s1

    swapan.s1 Guest

    On Jun 12, 1:56 pm, "swapan.s1" <> wrote:
    > Hi Group,
    >
    > I am new in Java Development environment.
    >
    > I am using Eclipse for Java.
    >
    > Currently, I have an existing project in Java. Please let me know
    > whether i can insert existing project of Java in Eclipse in one shot.
    > At persent i am unable to do so.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Swapan

    Please do suggest if soem other IDE can help me in this regard.

    swapan.s1, Jun 12, 2007

  3. swapan.s1

    Ian Wilson Guest

    swapan.s1 wrote:
    > On Jun 12, 1:56 pm, "swapan.s1" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Group,
    >>
    >> I am new in Java Development environment.
    >>
    >> I am using Eclipse for Java.
    >>
    >> Currently, I have an existing project in Java. Please let me know
    >> whether i can insert existing project of Java in Eclipse in one
    >> shot. At persent i am unable to do so.

    Why unable?
    - because you don't know how?
    - or because you get errors when you import the project?

    >> Thanks for any help.
    >>
    >> Regards, Swapan

    > Please do suggest if soem other IDE can help me in this regard.

    File, Import, From Filesystem

    Navigate to folder containing project then tick all the folders and or
    files you want to import. ticking a folder should cause all it's
    contents to be imported.

    Ian Wilson, Jun 12, 2007

    Hendrik Maryns, Jun 12, 2007
  5. swapan.s1

    swapan.s1 Guest

    On Jun 12, 2:20 pm, Hendrik Maryns <>
    wrote:

    > Why unable?
    > - because you don't know how?
    > - or because you get errors when you import the project?

    Sorry for not being clear with my words.

    While inserting, i am seeing the following errors:

    > 'enum' should not be used as an identifier, since it is a reserved

    keyword from source level 5.0

    Meanwhile, i searched, i got to know that min. ver. required for
    eclipse is java 1.4.

    Following info. might be useful:

    Eclipse version: 3.2.0
    Java code support: 1.3.*
    Min. version required for Eclipse 3.2.0: 1.4.*

    During compilation, i get errors related to ""enum" as an identifier".

    So, to me it looks like i am left with 2 options:

    1. Either making code changes to make it run on JDK 1.4

    OR

    2. looking for version that can run on JDK 1.3.

    Please suggest.

    Thanks for any inputs.

    Regards,
    SWAPAN

    swapan.s1, Jun 12, 2007
  6. swapan.s1

    Lew Guest

    swapan.s1 wrote:
    > On Jun 12, 2:20 pm, Hendrik Maryns <>
    > wrote:

    >> Why unable?
    >> - because you don't know how?
    >> - or because you get errors when you import the project?

    > Sorry for not being clear with my words.
    >
    > While inserting, i am seeing the following errors:
    >
    > > 'enum' should not be used as an identifier, since it is a reserved

    > keyword from source level 5.0
    >
    > Meanwhile, i searched, i got to know that min. ver. required for
    > eclipse is java 1.4.
    >
    > Following info. might be useful:
    >
    > Eclipse version: 3.2.0
    > Java code support: 1.3.*
    > Min. version required for Eclipse 3.2.0: 1.4.*
    >
    > During compilation, i get errors related to ""enum" as an identifier".

    These are errors related to a Java 5 or later compiler. Set your source level
    to 1.4 in the project properties dialog.

    Really, the source code should not use "enum" as an identifier to run in
    obsolescent Java versions like 1.4. Of course, Java 1.4 is obsolescent, so
    you really, really should make the move to at least Java 5, if not the current
    version.

    It might also be that the source code you're compiling is meant for Java 5 or
    later?

    > So, to me it looks like i am left with 2 options:
    >
    > 1. Either making code changes to make it run on JDK 1.4
    >
    > OR
    >
    > 2. looking for version that can run on JDK 1.3.

    JDK !.3? Are you joking? That version is obsolete - not supported except by
    special "obsolete products' support for people who are stuck in nine years
    ago" contracts with Sun (or whomever). Even Java 1.4 is now in "End of Life",
    i.e., obsolescent.

    Java 1.3 is over - move on.

    In any event, your compiler errors aren't coming from Java 1.3, they seem to
    be coming from Java 5.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Jun 12, 2007