Querry on whether Eclipse can use WinCVS without client-server confiiguration

swapan.s1

Hi ,

I have created my Code repository on a local system. I have installed
CVS (which is a plug-in to the Eclipse). As i am not using client-
server configuration, no protocol like ssh, or pserver, i am using.

When i am using eclipse, taking CVS as a plugin for Eclipse , i am
doing teh following operation:

ADD A REPOSITORY.

It asks me for:

1. Host
2. repository Path
3. User
4. Password
5. Connection Type

My Understanding:
--------------------------

1. Host : Local system name
2. repository Path: Locatin of CVSRoot

For These fields i am not sure:

3. User:
4. Password
5. Connection Type

For connection type, it gives following options: pserver, ssh, ext
etc. As these clients are not running, and my repository is local,
can't i access teh location without these clients running.

Please suggest me for this issue. Also correct me if my understanding
is wrong.

Thanks...

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

swapan.s1 said:
I have created my Code repository on a local system. I have installed
CVS (which is a plug-in to the Eclipse). As i am not using client-
server configuration, no protocol like ssh, or pserver, i am using.

When i am using eclipse, taking CVS as a plugin for Eclipse , i am
doing teh following operation:

As I recall it, then Eclipse does not support local.

Install a CVS server (if it is a Windows box just use CVSNT)
and it will work fine.

Arne